• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Instruction Manuals, repair books

FORCEN

Loc.
Québec, Canada
Hi,

I'm looking for the best or some of the best instructions manual to rebuild my 1977 bronco.

Everything inside; how to, do it yourself, torque specs, modifications, etc...

Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you;)

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
Mmmmmm......good question. I seriously doubt you'll find any one solution. For starters you should get a Chilton's or Hayne's manaul. These will be good sources for general maintenance, repairs, etc. Beyond that you might search E-Bay or the boards for Ford Assembly Manuals etc. These will be the actual books that the machanics used in the original days of the EB (or any vehicle). As for "modification guides", this board and a couple of others, along with the various EB clubs, vendors, & owners around the country will likely be your best resources for that info. Think of just about any mod/question you've got in mind and type it into the search section. Chances are somebody's done it & wrote about it. Best of luck to you!

grant_71

Bronco Guru
One of my favorite for torque specs, rebuild guides etc are the Motor's Manuals, usually hardcover, dark blue, find em at flea markets and such cover pretty much all cars or truck from a certain year, good diagrams too.

Grant

ugly74

Bronco abuser
One of my favorite for torque specs, rebuild guides etc are the Motor's Manuals, usually hardcover, dark blue, find em at flea markets and such cover pretty much all cars or truck from a certain year, good diagrams too.

Grant
Those are the best, if you can find 'em. Old Chiltons manuals are good too.
but I've never been a fan of Haynes, which now owns Chiltons, so now they both suck IMO.
The other books I have are kindof generic automotive restoration and hot rodding books. The best ideas for building early Broncos is right here on this site! good ol' redneck ingenuity comes in handy too.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I've got a Chilton's, Haynes, Clymer and the 76 factory 5 volume set. The factory shop manuals are the best. Faxon on ebay at times has the five volume set reasonable.

I bought mine from an ebay store where they just had make an offer. I got the 76 set for 60 dollars.

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
,,,,those factory manuals are good ,but remember to finish the set you need the "truck wiring diagrams" for that specific year for little details in the stock wiring,,,,,these are double sized plastic covered manuals that unfold to even bigger pages which is nice compared trying to look on the net or something at little sections,,,,the second pic is one of the old good 1360 page chilton hardbacks(part #7012) to look for with lots of good cross reference info between manufactures parts use,,,,,3rd pic--- good to look for green motors hardbacks also ,or maybe this used to be blue

Attachments

• 100_0187.JPG
    100_0187.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_0184.JPG
    100_0184.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_0185.JPG
    100_0185.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

ponch0v

Get the Haynes/Chilton for general info and the FORD books for more specific stuff. I keep the Haynes/Chilton books in the shop or under the seat and dont care if they get destroyed. The FORD books stay in the office and get looked thru with clean hands only. I make a copy of the page(s) if I need info out in the shop.

Get both sets if you can.

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
sounds like everyone has forgotten about BRONCO DRIVER!! Speaking of which- my subscrition is up. can you guys give me a free year for the advertisement? :)

Brian B

You can buy the complete set of shop manuals for the specific year of Bronco on cd at Bronco Graveyard for $50. I have them for a 75 and they are great. You can view on your computer and print. Hope this helps.