• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

intake heater port ?

dash8mx

?:?My 75 302 manifold has a t- shaped port on the front that the heater hose hooks to.It also has to other parts that screw into the body of the t that are blue and have little teets coming off of them.They don't appear to peform any function but i figured i would ask.I bent the heater outlet port threads while trying to pull the other parts off so now i mkust go buy a fitting and want to know if i must get one from ford or any off the shelf piece that has an elbow and pipe threads.Thanks wilkliam in va,. hope this makes since.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I am guessing that the extra parts are the thremoports that control the thermactor and/or EGR controls. Since there is nothing there I will presume that the bronco has been desmogged. In that case, just use a normal heater nipple. They are a couple of bucks at any parts store. Just get the right size thread (½" NPT is normal) and the heater hose is 5/8".<br><br>If you have to run smog equipment, then you will need the right ported thermovalve to get everything to work right. The gentleman behind the parts counter will either be very helpful, or a complete waste of time.

OP
OP
D

dash8mx

[quote author=Broncobowsher link=board=5;threadid=11858;start=0#87322 date=1038712112]<br>I am guessing that the extra parts are the thremoports that control the thermactor and/or EGR controls. Since there is nothing there I will presume that the bronco has been desmogged. In that case, just use a normal heater nipple. They are a couple of bucks at any parts store. Just get the right size thread (½" NPT is normal) and the heater hose is 5/8".<br><br>If you have to run smog equipment, then you will need the right ported thermovalve to get everything to work right. The gentleman behind the parts counter will either be very helpful, or a complete waste of time.<br>[/quote]Thanks i usually end up with one of the complete waste of time people.I get worried about the most stupid things and you guy's always have the answer.

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Thanks i usually end up with one of the complete waste of time people.I get worried about the most stupid things and you guy's always have the answer.<br>
<br><br>Questions are never stupid