• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Jeffs Bronco Stainless Fuel Tank

Bronco4x4

Anyone buy the JBG stainless 23 gallon fuel tank? Any feedback? How does it compare to the Wild Horses M1A1 tank? The M1A1 tank appears to have nicer welds.

TNcowboy

Interesting timing....the ss tank just was delivered today from JBG....13 weeks after I ordered it. Was supposed to be a 4 week lead time. Was promised "it'll ship this week" multiple times.

Don't really blame JBG since it is fabricated in AZ by a vendor and I know JBG is frustrated with him. They (and it turns out others) have had a great deal of trouble with this shop. Work looks good but he's got a bad reputation for unreliability; now I know why.

I'd look elsewhere. Wild Horses is a pleasure to deal with. I still order from JBG, but I wouldn't hop in the fuel tank line that I just got out of.

needsmoarturbo

Interesting timing....the ss tank just was delivered today from JBG....13 weeks after I ordered it. Was supposed to be a 4 week lead time. Was promised "it'll ship this week" multiple times.

Don't really blame JBG since it is fabricated in AZ by a vendor and I know JBG is frustrated with him. They (and it turns out others) have had a great deal of trouble with this shop. Work looks good but he's got a bad reputation for unreliability; now I know why.

I'd look elsewhere. Wild Horses is a pleasure to deal with. I still order from JBG, but I wouldn't hop in the fuel tank line that I just got out of.

Which one did you get, the EFI or the non EFI? The non EFI one looks like a protofab tank, who I think has a good reputation though I'm not sure if they are the supplier for Jeff's. The EFI one looks like a new offering...

TNcowboy

EFI tank
It's part #10270

Jeff's and a builder that used to purchase from the vendor in AZ both gave me the info on this shop's reliability issues.....nice tank, poor follow thru