• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Jensen MCC8525 mass buy

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
I'm looking to see if there's any interest in setting up a mass buy on the Jensen MCC8525 stereo. I've been running one in mine for the last 20 months and need to get another stereo for the trial and tow rigs. I've thought this was an excellent radio since I got it, also one of the few radios that's lasted more than a few months in the elements I normally subject them to.<br><br>My preliminary results indicate that I should be able to pick a couple of them up and get them delivered in the $120 range if I can get more than 5 guys interested. Here's the link to the info on the Jensen website:<br><br>http://www.jensen.com/mobile/prod_marine_no.asp?product=93<br><br>Basic specs are:<br>High Power AM/FM Auto Reverse Marine Cassette Receiver with Pull-out Chassis and NOAA Weather Receiver <br>140 Watts Peak Power (35W x 4)<br>Fully rust-protected chassis Clear Coated PCB <br>Removable chassis for easy winter storage and security <br>Flex fader <br>Instaloc II tuner for maximum FM performance<br>3-Channel weatherband <br>24 Station presets (18FM/6AM) <br>Seek tuning and preset scan <br>Auto station store <br>Loudness <br>Front panel CD input jack <br>Auto reverse volume, balance, fade, bass/treble <br>1-Pair pre-amp outputs <br>Seek <br>Liquid crystal display <br>Dimmer control <br>3V pre-amp voltage

eBronc

Loc.
Austin, Texas
If you can get a similiar deal on the MC9424RC , I know I'd be interested! It's the model I've had in mind for my project for a while-and it's CD, not cassette (I think maybe that's why not many people are interested in the other model..)

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
OK, I've never been able to keep an CD going while wheeling, therefore thought the cassette would be a better answer.<br><br>I check and see what I can get the MCD9424 for. I'd also have to have few folks interested to get it for a good price, but don't expect it to be much below $200.<br><br>The 8525 does have a CD input on the front of it, you can easily use a Walkman with it.<br>Joe

highgeer

Loc.
Denver, CO
Sorry for the delay...<br><br>I would be interested in anything that plays MP3s. That way, I can still play CDs and there's no need to install a changer.<br><br>Let us know if you come with anythin. :)

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
I need one that plays MP3s, since I'm such a free music nazi! ;D ;D ;D!<br>I like the new pioneer ones that display the ID3 tags. My woman has one of the first Kenwood MP3 decks and it rock, kewl display, but no tags<br>Cewl!