• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

JGZ Custom Fiberglass Door Panels and Speaker Pods

OP
OP
Zillacon

Zillacon

Loc.
Hackin Away!
zillacon give us a progress report on how the door panels have worked out since you have the first pair , such as sound quality .

No complaints so far, they sound great! But you know I only listen to Classical.:-* Just take your time during install to do it right and by adding some low density foam strip tape to the mating pieces help to keep vibrations down and to seal everything up. I had to remove them several times to fix some window issues etc and that industrial velcro grabs like a crazy ape.

Brianut

Figured i would chime in here as well since I am running the other set of the 2 that are made to date.
Sound quality is great, and I listen to more than just classical ;D

I have been driving the Bronco somewhat regular since the install and can say that the look is in my opinion about the best you can do for a clean custom front speaker install.
They are holding up very well, no signs of anything ever becoming a problem.
Super solid product, thanks again Jay.

ditto to everything Zillacon said about the quality of the glass too.
I dont have the body experience that he does but my intent was to sand and paint them and after seeing them realized the nicest they would look would be right as they sat in black gelcoat.

I am running just the pods over reworked stock panels
check here for my install (scroll past the bumber and dash work)
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192165&highlight=brianut

AUSTX

Contributor
Loc.
Austin
They look fantastic! I will be ordering a full set just as soon as it's time to do the interior. Jay, please don't forget about the 77 rear qtr. Oh....and the carbon fiber looks very cool.
Thanks Jay for your work and commitment.

Tuck

Any pics of the 1/4s? I haven't decided what I'm going to do to mine yet.

JGZ

Any pics of the 1/4s? I haven't decided what I'm going to do to mine yet.

Heres some pics. of some carbon fiber rear 1/4's.Will make some door panels and pods in the next few weeks.JGZ

Attachments

• DSC_0230.jpg
    DSC_0230.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 210
  • DSC_0231.jpg
    DSC_0231.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC_0232.jpg
    DSC_0232.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 168
  • DSC_0233.jpg
    DSC_0233.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 183

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
JGZ love the look of the carbon fiber 1/4's still love the one you made me I am just waiting on paint and hope to have some pic's for you soon. They are a great way to mount speakers in the 1/4's I have mounted a 10" sub in the back and 2 6x9" in the front of them that and the console that thunder26 is making me with the 2 8" sub's should make it pretty loud but still throwing around the idea of the door pods as well.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
JGZ,

Those look really nice. Awesome work and I think I will most likely be sending some Greeniew your way as well possibly. :cool:

JGZ

JGZ love the look of the carbon fiber 1/4's still love the one you made me I am just waiting on paint and hope to have some pic's for you soon. They are a great way to mount speakers in the 1/4's I have mounted a 10" sub in the back and 2 6x9" in the front of them that and the console that thunder26 is making me with the 2 8" sub's should make it pretty loud but still throwing around the idea of the door pods as well.

Can't wait to see what you did with these panels.Glad your happy with them.The carbon fiber panels turned out real nice.Thats the finish right off the mold.I made these for fello member 777mechanic,have to thank him for being patient and letting me experiment.Some day I'll now what I'm doin.I can get carbon fiber hybreds in all kinds of colors and patterns,some really cool stuff.Wanting to see what thunder26 is up to.Sounds like your gonna be loud and proud.But your gonna need 2 more speakers.lol. By the way I've heard the best way to break in a new system is with some Pantera.Just somethin I heard.JGZ

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
Thats funny because I usually use Pantera cowboys from hell to setup my head unit

OP
OP
Zillacon

Zillacon

Loc.
Hackin Away!
Thought I would add an update. After driving it for several months and wheeling it over harsh terrain the door panels still look great, the finish still looks great, no cracks etc. and the velcro method has still held them solidly in place.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Do the speaker wires go through the door jamb? Is there a way to disconnect them if you take the doors off?

Yes they go through the door jamb. You could use those door jamb cotnacts that connect when the door is closed.

Like these:

widecontact.jpg

JGZ

Here's the next evolution of the door panels.Panels have a pocket and speaker enclosure,all in one piece.What do you think..JGZ

Attachments

• new door panels 009.jpg
    new door panels 009.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 158
  • new door panels 010.jpg
    new door panels 010.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 143
  • new door panels 011.jpg
    new door panels 011.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 135