• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Just finished my wiring

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Been working on a new wiring harness for about a month now. Took a long time but I think I did a good job. I just plugged in the steering column, hooked up the battery and started running circuits. Whole e crap everything works!!! I am kinda happy now. Also a big thanks to Nick (Nicks Tricks) for talking me through a few problems.

Just wanted to tell the world.

Bax

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
congrats...feels great doing something for the 1st time and doing right,Chuck

Dan76

Dude I just saw the dash! Thats freaking sweeeeeeeeeeeet. Havent seen anything like that on an EB!

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Dude I just saw the dash! Thats freaking sweeeeeeeeeeeet. Havent seen anything like that on an EB!

And now that everything works i can install it this weekend. Whoo Hoo.
Thanks,

bax

A4x4Junky

Loc.
South Jersey
Been working on a new wiring harness for about a month now. Took a long time but I think I did a good job. I just plugged in the steering column, hooked up the battery and started running circuits. Whole e crap everything works!!! I am kinda happy now. Also a big thanks to Nick (Nicks Tricks) for talking me through a few problems.

Just wanted to tell the world.

Bax

Not that I suspect I would have the nerve to do it myself, but did you happen to take pics along the way? Just curious as to what your process was.

Anthony

OP
OP
bax

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I think if I can do electric anybody should be able to do it. I broke my job into 3 pieces and finished as I went. Started at the back with the lights and moved toward the dash. Then started again in the front and did the same. Then did the dash wiring. One wire at a time, do the one's you know and ask about the rest. It was a giant step for me, I was so freaked out about doing the wiring.

brian72

Early Bronco Student
but now you can do again without flinching....Told you it would not be that bad...

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
awesome...I completed my RF harness a few months back as well. It wasnt too bad at all and turned out great.

FYI...one thing I didnt do that I should have done was leave more slack at the switches behind the dash. My next wireing job will have enough slack so the switch can be taken loose from the dash and dropped down for easy access in case the need to replace.