• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LED bulbs and flasher question

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
So if I update my front indicator and rear stop/tail bulbs with LED's then I will require no load or LED flashers correct?

To replace the flashers I need a simple 2-pole unit and I believe I will need 2 total, one for flasher circuit and one for emergency circuit correct?

I notice there's a wide spread of available LED flashers from a simple/cheap $8 dollar unit to $50 dollar unit with adjustable flash speeds. Is this just personal preference? Some review of the cheap ones are negative concerning quality. Anybody have recommendations?

browngr5

Loc.
Eagle, Idaho
I converted to all LED and I'm using a $17 Littelfuse FLR233 electronic flasher from local parts store.
It's been working great for about a year now.

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
I converted mine and added a Heavy Duty flasher that was intended for a tow truck.I've had it for about 15 years,so I doubt it was ever intended for LED's. It has a opaque blue case that you can see all the working inside.I have no idea what's inside a stock one ,but this one weighs three times as much. It flashes at the correct speed ,and has a "old man"loud click....

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
If I remember correctly that HD may be a Peterson 550 ... It was a glass container and yes it was heavy and you did see the wiring inside.