• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LED lights in gauge cluster

graniteguy

Loc.
Kempner, TX
Most of the bulbs/sockets had fallen out of the gauge. I had to go through the process of grounding each one in different scenarios to see which was headlight, nightlight, left blinker, right blinker. I finall got it all sorted out and snapped a pic.

The leds were colored so the color filter was removed from the blinkers and headlight. The headlight is now blue.

The black paint on the bezel was cracked pretty bad. I removed it and it looked so good I left it as is with the chrome/nickel coating that was underneath.

Attachments

• guage.jpg
    guage.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 139

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How did you get the LED to fit in the big bulb style socket? Did you re-use the old bulb socket to hold it in place? Looks very good.

OP
OP
G

graniteguy

Loc.
Kempner, TX
I bought an LED coversion kit from (I think ) BC Broncos. Its been sitting in the glove box for a year.

Not sure what you are talking about with bulb size. Old bulb came out, LED went in. Nothing out of the ordinary on the swap.

Tasty Geezer

Very cool...I will have to get those bulbs!

The black paint came off the bezel easy?

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have not seen that kit for sale before and didn't know there was direct swap available.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
OP
OP
G

graniteguy

Loc.
Kempner, TX
thats the place. 84-25110 was the kit. $15 for all 6 LEDs.

Here is one tip. If the freshair vent is removed you have full access to the back of the gauge from the engine compartment. You can get to the top high beam indicator from there.

I used steel wool to remove the paint, but wet it down with carb cleaner. It was a last minute deal, using what I had on hand. Acetone would probably work well. Just let it soak in it for a bit.

Bubbaluv

Loc.
Agoura Hills, CA
thats the place. 84-25110 was the kit. $15 for all 6 LEDs.

Here is one tip. If the freshair vent is removed you have full access to the back of the gauge from the engine compartment. You can get to the top high beam indicator from there.

I used steel wool to remove the paint, but wet it down with carb cleaner. It was a last minute deal, using what I had on hand. Acetone would probably work well. Just let it soak in it for a bit.

I put in LEDs in my dash with the exception of the blinkers since i dont have the load equalizer to support the turn lights blinking. I also replaced the rest of the gauge lights with black UV. A good source for LEDs is superbrightleds.com. the BA9s swap out the 1895 mini bayonet bulbs. They also have a great assortment of wedges for replacing aftermarket gauge lights and you can get them from single up 5 or 6 LED's per bulb depending on your application.

Phil76

Loc.
Aransas Pass, TX
Just bought 20 whites, 2 blues, and 2 greens off of ebay for $14.89 shipped. It'll take a few weeks for delivery (Hong Kong). I'll let y'all know how they work.