• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Legend Lime Bronco

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Well I painted the bronco yesterday! The green vs. Blue debate is over. Its wibildon white on to and legend lime on the bottom. I have a few blemishes to fix and another coat of clear to lay down but the hard work is done. All I have to do now is bedline it and put it back together. I have not painted the hard top yet but should have that done by the weekend. What do you think?

Attachments

• LLBS.jpg
    LLBS.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:

Dan76

Looks great really like that green! Cant wait to see it done. Well they are never done nevermind

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
You got a bigger pic? It looks great but your pic is tiny ;D
What do you think about doing the lime on the top of the hard top too? Could look good, cut it at the drip rail.

you can email me the original pic if you want it a little bigger.
admin at nwbroncos.com

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I tried to get it bigger but it kept rejecting the picture because the file is to big. How do you resize them so they are bigger? I gotta finish taking the kids Trick or treating but I'll try posting pics again in a little bit. Here's a shot of the tailgate.

Attachments

• TGS.jpg
    TGS.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 187

GnisroH

Loc.
Harrisonburg, VA
Looks good! Owning a mustang, and my dream car being a 1965 Shelby GT350, I love the Wimbeldon White!:cool: ;D

(The green looks good too!)

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Excellent choice on the colors, I think the wimbeldon was the perfect compliment. I typically prefer bright white but the wimb looks better with that green, definitely. Mad props!!! Now finish getting that thing together!!!!

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Just wondering how you did the grill and hood?
The grill and hood are both white. The top will be white also but its still in primer because my painting space is limited. I have put off this paint job for a while because I could not decide how to paint the grill. For a long time I was going to do the grill two tone but I did not like the way the paint line looked wraped around the front of the grill. In the end, I went with an all white grill and I think it was the correct choice. I don't have it on yet but I held it up and I like the look. Also , 99% of the paint lines will be bu under the trim this way. I'll try to get the rest of my pics posted but I have to resize them first. It wont start going together for a few days because I'm going to fix a few flaws and shoot one more coat of clear. It came out great initally but I shot the clear at about 11:30 last night and the temerature started to drop in the garage. I think it was a little below the temperature range for my hardner and it sagged before it set up. It was unfortunate but nothing a little sanding and and another coat of clear wont fix.

tjstack

Loc.
NY
looks fantastic. nice job. and IMHO an all white grill is definitely the way to go--you don't want to over do the two tone look and the grill really is a separate entity, aesthetically speaking, from the rest of the body.

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
What color did you go with for the interior?

The interior is still in epoxy primer but it will be white with white bedliner. I also have diamond plate door panels and inner quarter panels.

GnisroH - If you like shelby colors, you should like the green too it is almost identical to the old "Lime Gold" that was used on Mustangs and Shelbys.

Tito- I tried to make the pics bigger. If you can make them larger and get them to post I'll send them to you. I think my problem is that I'm using an 8 Megapixel camera and the files are huge.

Anyhow here are more pics. the front, the bumper and a couple flares sitting in the back, and two shots of the grill one is a closeup of some strange red color that came out when I shot the clear but was not there when I shot the base coat. I thing it is from some old red oxide primer that was on the grill from a very old repair. I'm going to shoot epoxy primer over that area and repaint and clear it when I paint the top. I'm thinking the epoxy primer should keep it from bleeding through again. Any of you paint experts know why this happened? I was really suprised by this I would have figured that any bleed through would have happened when I shot the color coat because its mixed 1 to1 with reducer. Also any suggestions on how to keep it from returning when I reshoot it? will the epoxy primer lock it in?

Attachments

• BFRS.jpg
    BFRS.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 75
  • bumper.jpg
    bumper.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Grill1.jpg
    Grill1.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Grill2.jpg
    Grill2.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 34

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Not sure what program you are using but when you save it you should resize to 1kx750 and reduce the quality to <250k. I use photoshop elements and it has those options for me. Did you use a different gun for the clear? Had it been used for paint before? That bumper is looks pretty cool!

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
looks fantastic. nice job. and IMHO an all white grill is definitely the way to go--you don't want to over do the two tone look and the grill really is a separate entity, aesthetically speaking, from the rest of the body.

Thats my thinking as well. Its basicly the reverse of a Baja bronco in that the grill is the same as the top color on the two tone instead of the bottom color. (A Baja is orange on the bottom and white on the top with an orange grill ) I'm also planning on putting my original "SPORT" grill trim back on after I get it polished. I think it will give the all white grill a nice look.

I toyed with painting the top green above the drip rail line and also with painting the raised part of the hood green.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I didn't like the legend lime. However, having seen it on your bronco with the wimbleton white, I really like how that looks. You've done an excellent job and the the color choice came out outstanding.

John

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Not sure what program you are using but when you save it you should resize to 1kx750 and reduce the quality to <250k. I use photoshop elements and it has those options for me. Did you use a different gun for the clear? Had it been used for paint before? That bumper is looks pretty cool!

I just used the HP photosmart software I have on my computer. I don't have photshop. The program I use is a PITA it takes forever to resize the pics. I have to resize by image size but I have to cut it back to 410 pixel width or the file size is two large. My files are starting at about 2.5 megs so getting them down to 250kb is a major reduction. Any advice on a better way to do this without spending $1000 on photoshop? As for my paint gun, I used one gun for primer, paint and clear. The bumper looks good from afar but far from good. Painting it green was a little bit of an after thought so all of the welds and grinding marks show through. It is however a bumper so it will have to do. It also looks alot better than it did when it was flat black.