• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Legend lime or Sonic Blue?

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I'm getting close to paint time and I have the color narrowed down to two choices. The top part of the bronco above the "Sport" trim line will be factory wimbildon white the bottom will be sonic blue or legend lime ( Both 05 Mustang colors). I did a search on the legend lime and found a few people talking about using it on their bronco but I don't see that anyone has actually done it. Did anyone go through with the plan and take some pics they could post?

71 LUBER

Loc.
SW. Pennsylvania
To me, Legend Lime is too light to put against white. The artist/designer in me says you might be disappointed in that combo when it rolls out of the paint booth. Legend Lime alone, cool, with white, not so much.

If you like the Lime and want two tone, look to another color than white IMO. If you like the white more, go for a more contrasting color or slightly deeper tone of green. A moss green metallic maybe?

Last edited:

kntr

Bronco Guru
There is a guy with a new green/white Mustang that lives by us. Its a cool color, but I just dont like it on the Mustang.

Post a pic of your bronco and see if someone with photoshop can show you what the bronco will look like in each color. There are a few guys on the list with good photoshop skills.

73ny

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New York
The lime is great, how about a light tan interior. That would be a great color combination.

Last edited:

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Isnt the lime pretty close to the old Boxwood? I think its pretty nice, would probably go with the wimbeldon. I typically only like black trim on real bright colors like kawasaki green or orange, etc.

71 LUBER

Loc.
SW. Pennsylvania
Another link to legend lime and white check out the second mustang back in this pic. It was also pointed out to me that the lime might be more forgiving if the clearcoat got scuffed out on the trail. any more opinions?
http://www.mustangcollective.com/imagehosting/67745ad980ee6976.jpg

Tough to say, the mustangs have a lot of green and a little bit of bright white vs. a bit of green and a lot of ivory/eggshell white.

I'd say go for the photo shop route suggested. Colors on a small, streamlined Mustang and colors on a two tone brick (EB) will look totally different.

I agree on the scuff issue. My TJ is Khaki Metallic and shows little to no scratches unless you really look for them. A subdued paint job does have it's advantages ;D

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Definately go Sonic Blue - I don't want yours to look like mine when I paint mine Legend Lime! ;D

I have always liked the Legend Lime (or whatever color it was similar to from back in '66-'67). Legend Lime and white Shelby Stripes looks awsome.

stlkikn

Malcolmzilla here on the site is going legend lime on his project, not sure if he'll chime in or not, but he shouldn't be too far from going into the booth.
And yes Josh (tito/pdx) I agree, not too far off the old boxwood color...

OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
The legend lime is very similar to a color that was used on early mustangs. My brother has a 67 stang with the original paint that is very similar, I think its called lime gold. I need to get paid up on my contributor status so I can post pics again. I'll get it done shortly and post a photo of my bronco. It is currently wimbildon white. Well, it was before I stripped it to bare metal. I am going to use a bedliner on the inside but I was thinking of going with a white liner that I saw in the Eastwood catalog. Inside, I also plan to use diamond plate door panels and rear inside quarter panels. I will be replacing my roll bar with a cage at some point but the checkbook tells me thats gonna have to wait a few months. I also plan on getting some good aftermarket seats but I have not made a decision on what I'm getting yet. I need something that is comfortable, can be used with a harness and allows access to the rear seat for the kids. On the outside, I'm reusing my urathhane fenderflares, I removed my original tire carrier because I plan to get a plate bumper with tire carrier. I have a plate winch bumper on the front. I am going to paint the bumpers the same as the lower part of the Bronco ( Blue or Green). I'll get a Before picture posted shortly and with a little luck one of our resident photo shop experts can show me what the white and green or blue would look like.

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
The color that is close to the new Legend Lime is the 1970 Medium Lime Green Mettalic. Came on Mustangs. I had a Boss 302 that color. The lower left hand car in the picture

Attachments

• my muscle2.jpg
    my muscle2.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 72

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
I will be doing mine the "Legend Lime" with black flares, wheels, grille, bumpers and top. Here is the dash cut in. It is not close to the Boxwood at all as it is a metallic and more olive.

Attachments

• dash2.jpg
    dash2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 79
OP
OP
casadejohnson

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
That dash looks good in "ledgend Lime". I'm sure that it will look good with the black top but I'm sticking with the white because I'm afraid the black would be unbarrable in the summer heat. If you remove the top its all good but I don't take the top off very often. If I ahd A/C that would be another story. Post some pics when you get the body painted.