• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lets see your junkyard air boxes

OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
Congrats. First useless individual I've encountered in over a decade on here.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
BC sells a Ford Efb MAF sensor air box which goes though the passenger intake. Mounts right side on fender, I bought it but since I'm staying carb no longer need the kit, let me know.

arctic Air cleaner

11-80232-arctic-air-filter-box-86-92-uncoated-for-early-ford-bronco

Broncobowsher

Total hack
So you want the EFI intake pointing to the passenger side. An air filter solution from a junkyard that fits over there. That can flow enough air to feed V8. But the battery also has to stay on the passenger side as well. Don't forget that is needs to pull in cold air from outside the engine compartment as well.

Not asking for much are we?

When you are done with that can you find me a junkyard in dash A/C system that doesn't eat glovebox space, fits with no firewall modifications, and can keep me cool in the AZ summer without any carpet, headliner, window tint or weatherstrip. I also want the hoses to be an off the shelf part. And the A/C compressor to fit without having to change the crank pulley, I don't have room for a 2-groove crank pulley. Let me know when you find one.

canzelc

Contributor
BC sells a Ford Efb MAF sensor air box which goes though the passenger intake. Mounts right side on fender, I bought it but since I'm staying carb no longer need the kit, let me know.

arctic Air cleaner

11-80232-arctic-air-filter-box-86-92-uncoated-for-early-ford-bronco

I migth be interested, how much do you want for it?

OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
Bc link wasn't working for me and I couldn't find it on their site. But I did finally find an old thread when Chuck released it. Looks like a great option for me. Pm sent.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Feel free to move along if you don't have anything to ad.
I'd like to add a "d". ;D
...5 suggestions. 1 is not ford efi. 1 is still pulling air from inside the engine compartment. So 58 posts and 3 suggestions, all of which involve relocating the battery or flipping the intake to the passenger side.
Then you missed at least one of the suggestions because the one I posted meets ALL those stipulations (3 of which are arbitrary & pointless).
So you want the EFI intake pointing to the passenger side.
I think he DOESN'T want that, based on what I just quoted him saying. I didn't read back through all 58 posts, though. ;)
Nah, I'll continue to spectate and comment when I feel like it. Thanks anyway.
Careful, there... %) You're liable to have people calling you a troll on other forums.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
search the word arctic on the BC site, it pops up, PMs sent

BTW, sold thanks.

Last edited:

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I'm following the thread too, would like to see a bunch of options people are running out there. Ntqsd you're out of line

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
You're entitled to your opinion (as am I), but I don't think so. The OP's later posts came across as he wanted to be spoon-fed a solution while shooting down every suggestion as "not Ford" (get real - odds are low of that) or won't work because of a previously undisclosed constraint. To me that reads spoiled and entitled. That could be a false impression, but it's not up to me to correct it. Or not.

Anyway, I made a suggestion and it admittedly was reach in fitment, but it too was shot down. I've nearly decided to design and build my own using a PSD filter element. If the pricing doesn't become too outrageous I may have few assemblies for sale, but that is quite a ways off and in the mean time my FJ62/80 assembly with the 80's dry & washable filter element looks to work well. It just won't work for the OP (won't fit w/ fenderwells) so I never bothered to suggest it.

Last edited:

PaveBronco

NM_Snow1.PNG

I made one years ago like BC's Artic box, just not as nice, need to make a better one. Don't have a pic of the box but have a pic of the intake.

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Is an air box REALLY that big of a difference? I mean I know the advantages of cool air vs. hot. Is there a true gain over the setup I have?

Tim

Attachments

• 20160311_115637.jpg
    20160311_115637.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 94

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
I know some in the past have found issues with the hot air wash off the fan causing trouble with the MAF giving a correct reading. I do not recall specific details, but a simple baffle (cardboard & duct tape?) might show if any niggly little issues you may or may not be having/noticing are caused by that.

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
I run an electric fan (controled by ECU) and have noticed the RPM's come up 100-200 RPM when the fan is on but have always contributed that to the ECU kicking up them up due to amp draw.

I've had no drivability issues. Maybe I just got lucky?

Tim

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cold air is better, period. But by how much in a truck not reaching top rpm? meeeeeeh? I do know the air temp sensors start to significantly reduce output/advance if the heat goes much over 200, dont recall exact number there. But thats WOT high rpm areas.