• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lets see your PSC power steering resevoir mounted

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
How did you mount your PSC resevoir? Lets see em.

Heres mine on my Explorer Serp setup. I like the mounting location, but am concerned about the movement of the motor due to the clearance between the cap and the bottom of my cowl hood. It just squeezes in the upper cowl part. The fill line is a 5/8" line or -10AN. It travels maybe 1/2" uphill overall but I think as long as I keep the resevoir full, I should be ok. Im also running a PSC pump made for a Heep.

Attachments

• PSC.jpg
    PSC.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 185

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Kyle,
working on you motor movement issue G is testing it now...... That should work fine. I'd be concerned if you were constantly zinging 3000+ rpm that with gravity it might not keep up. Hood clearance is why I'm building custom resi for mine, and my pump mounts a lot lower than yours, and it still wouldn't clear the hood..... Until its done i'm going to keep running the stock pump, it works fine as long as I'm not in a parking lot, then its too slow. I'm actuallly more fired up to do power brakes so it may be a while.....

Oh and not to derail but I found a solution to our external fuel pump issues... hit me up and I'll send you the info.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
My PSC reservoir is mounted on the stock exploder brkt but is at a slight angle to utilize the cowl hood. I have a little over 1/2" of fall between the bottom of the reservoir outlet and the top of the inlet on the pump.

It's a royal PITA and you MUST have fall between the pump and reservoir if you're pulling rpm. I consistently pull over 5k rpm for over a minute at a time in the snow. These pumps pull a ridiculous amount of gpm and you will burn it up unless your reservoir is above the inlet to the pump.

Personally, I really dislike (hate) the look of the reservoir having to sit so high in front of the engine... actually looking at going back to the stock exploder stuff... btw, I have a large cooler in line and the pump generates a lot of heat due to the amount of fluid it pumps... that's another issue this high gpm pump has...

Oh, one more thing. If you live in a climate where it's cold, you have to run a special $$$ p/s fluid or the pump will WHINE until the fluid warms up...every time. For me this is 6 months/year.

I learned all this crap AFTER PSC told me what a great setup it was... nobody on any Bronco lists had this setup at the time and I needed an upgrade.

Factual rant over... :)

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Take a look at Jake Good's build. He is INPHOBIC on CB site.

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
aneqe5es.jpg

2e9umyze.jpg