• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Liftgate side panel drains

JSmall

Bronco Guru
What is the correct orientation of these things? I was stumped in the garage earlier. :mad: Are these side specific or universal? My drains are the same and I'm curious if they should be different so they fit correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 69

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There have been pics here before, but would probably be hard to find unless you use Google to search ClassicBroncos.com specifically.
I'll see if I can get a shot of my unmolested hard top gate. It's hanging over a pile-o-parts in the garage though, so can't easily open the lift-gate to get a good look.
Maybe we can still see something of the detail through the gap?

Be right back...

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hard to see since I didn't get the flashlight just right (flash was just too much altogether) but you might be able to see the location and orientation from the images.

IMG_1208 (Large).jpg IMG_1211 (Large).jpg

Good luck.

Paul

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
There have been pics here before, but would probably be hard to find unless you use Google to search ClassicBroncos.com specifically.
I'll see if I can get a shot of my unmolested hard top gate. It's hanging over a pile-o-parts in the garage though, so can't easily open the lift-gate to get a good look.
Maybe we can still see something of the detail through the gap?

Be right back...

Paul

Hard to see since I didn't get the flashlight just right (flash was just too much altogether) but you might be able to see the location and orientation from the images.

View attachment 353248 View attachment 353249

Good luck.

Paul

Thanks for the info an pics Paul. I spoke to Cory a few minutes ago and I ordered another set. I have two of the same ones so they won't work the way they should. I appreciate it

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hah! Just what you needed eh? Another fly in the ointment to slow down progress!
Sorry 'bout that. Hope the pics helped a little.

Paul

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Hah! Just what you needed eh? Another fly in the ointment to slow down progress!
Sorry 'bout that. Hope the pics helped a little.

Paul

I have new seals in the rear and I'm still getting some water in the cab so I'm pulling out all the stops now ;)

I found this pic and it looks like these could be installed differently than the pics you posted.

Attachments

• Liftgate drain.jpg
    Liftgate drain.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 165

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They do look reversed to me from here. I always have a hard time with different angles in different pics, but that's what it looks like.

Paul

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
The Chariot. The idea is to deflect the water draining along the side of the lift gate away from the lower end. There should be an angled flap that rests against the side of the top. There are some on the market that are incorrect and are little more than a flat of rubber. Those are worthless. I have no idea where those got started.

Attachments

• side_drains.jpg
    side_drains.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 163
OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
The Chariot. The idea is to deflect the water draining along the side of the lift gate away from the lower end. There should be an angled flap that rests against the side of the top. There are some on the market that are incorrect and are little more than a flat of rubber. Those are worthless. I have no idea where those got started.

I was able to get one side mounted like this. When I get the new set I'll be able to do the other side. This way makes the most sense so I appreciate the picture.