• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lincoln rear in bronco ???

74fiberglass

found a 83 lincoln rear with disc brakes complete at the u pull-it today. What will it take to put in the bronco?

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
take the brakes leave the axle it is the wrong size and not worth the trouble to make it work.
TOFIC

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
X2 there are easier ways to get discs. the bolt pattern for the wheels is different as is overall width. You also have to swap spring and shock mounts around.

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
The Lincoln rear is the right size to fit under an early Mustang..

RearEnd-01.jpg

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
The Lincoln rear is the right size to fit under an early Mustang..

RearEnd-01.jpg

That's the Lincoln Versalles (Spelling?) rear axle and not a normal Lincoln axle. The Lincoln Versalles axle was also founf under some Granada and Monarch cars as well. This Versalles disk brake axles are very costly to to work on. The last time I checked rotors were $100 a piece and so were the calipers. That's $400 for rotors and calipers and good luck finding misc. parts for one and the axle shaft is specific to that axle only and it is only 28 spline.

smoked77

Loc.
Columbus, IN
I traded my Dana 30 for a Versailles axle. I looked into how much it would cost to make it work in my Bronco and then sold it on Ebay.

Rotors (since the are small bolt pattern) would not fit over the axle hub, calipers were like 100 or more, couldn't find parts....big PITA. Ended up with BCBronco's kit for less money and it works great.