• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Line Mtn. 7 Miler and Broncolou Racing 9/19

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Lou - I was really hoping to come watch you race this weekend but due to some unexpected issues that require time and $$$ we won't make it. Best of luck to you and have a great time. Don't let Chris slack off on his duties;D

76eb

Loc.
Mt. Carmel, PA
I'll be heading up tomorrow with my buddies to watch. I always go to the Line Mountain races, its fun watchin all them trucks get the crap beat out of them.;D

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Pics from today...

Here's some pics from today's race....

BroncoLou hanging out getting ready to go...

One of quite a few other EB based rigs there, but many had little if any EB sheetmetal left so it was hard to tell on some!

Lou and a couple other EB racers getting it!

Chris and Lou at the end of the day fixing some carnage (hydro steering ram mount got ripped off and they rolled when they lost steering, Chris got his cherry popped and can not longer say he has never rolled!, Lou really hooked him up by landing on Chris' side...in a big mud puddle!) after they righted the rig and winched it off the course.

BroncoDave manning the truck on Pit Row

Attachments

• CIMG5978.JPG
    CIMG5978.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 12
  • CIMG5990.JPG
    CIMG5990.JPG
    249.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Copy of CIMG5997.JPG
    Copy of CIMG5997.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Copy of CIMG5995.JPG
    Copy of CIMG5995.JPG
    176 KB · Views: 10
  • Copy of CIMG5993.JPG
    Copy of CIMG5993.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 11
  • Copy of CIMG5992.JPG
    Copy of CIMG5992.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Copy of CIMG5986.JPG
    Copy of CIMG5986.JPG
    219.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Copy of CIMG5982.JPG
    Copy of CIMG5982.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Copy of CIMG5981.JPG
    Copy of CIMG5981.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Copy of CIMG5980.JPG
    Copy of CIMG5980.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Copy of CIMG6008.JPG
    Copy of CIMG6008.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Copy of CIMG5984.JPG
    Copy of CIMG5984.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 13

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Lou..before the roll

A cool racer with a REALLY old school body!

Nothing like a stripper pole radio antenna orniment that spins around as you hit bumps! It's ALL YOU Dave!

Attachments

• Copy of CIMG5999.JPG
    Copy of CIMG5999.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Copy of CIMG6002.JPG
    Copy of CIMG6002.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Copy of CIMG6004.JPG
    Copy of CIMG6004.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 18

chris

No more Rock Crawler
God I am tired and sore!;D

I had a great time, thank you very much Lou, you did fantastic.

No helping the rollover. We can through a check point and made a left. Hit two big rocks and Lou says something is wrong. Still going in the ruts and there's a 5 foot drop in front of us that you need to make a right hand turn into but steering was gone, nada, nothing. Lou and I feel the truck going over, I hear him gun it and out of the corner of my eye I see him trying to steer into it but nothing. I was looking at the mud puddle coming up at me thinking " I wonder how deep that is" :eek: . Only 3-4 inches thank god. We hit hard enough that the GPS bracket broke off and it was hanging by the wires. Seat belts worked great. We crawed out and lou set up the winch to turn it back over and off the race course.

I can't wait to do it again! Hmmm, I think if I make a few mod's to my truck, just maybe. I have to go out to the garage and look.......................

OP
OP
Broncoloupy

Broncoloupy

Loc.
Parkton MD
It was the most fun I ever had getting a DNF...... 2 outta 3 races there is doing good. Can't wait till next year.Chris worked his ass of when we had our first technical difficulty running back to camp a 1/2 mile or so 2X.;D

marcm2030

Glad to here you had a good time Chris. Sorry to see you on the side of the track so many times Lou. But you know I couldn't stop to help you. I had some problems on lap three, I hit a rock and shattered my right front wheel, blew the tire and also twisted my sector shaft on the steering box. I changed the tire and limped it to the pits and got another spare. had to take it easy on the last lap with my steering screwed up, it would only turn about a quarter of the way to the left. Had full sterring to the right. I was able to finish the race and place 6th out of 31 in our class. I was 30th out of 147 overall, and I finished 10th in the points for all three races. All in all it was a decent year for me. See ya up there next year. Marc

OP
OP
Broncoloupy

Broncoloupy

Loc.
Parkton MD
Glad to here you had a good time Chris. Sorry to see you on the side of the track so many times Lou. But you know I couldn't stop to help you. I had some problems on lap three, I hit a rock and shattered my right front wheel, blew the tire and also twisted my sector shaft on the steering box. I changed the tire and limped it to the pits and got another spare. had to take it easy on the last lap with my steering screwed up, it would only turn about a quarter of the way to the left. Had full sterring to the right. I was able to finish the race and place 6th out of 31 in our class. I was 30th out of 147 overall, and I finished 10th in the points for all three races. All in all it was a decent year for me. See ya up there next year. Marc
No worries. We got everything we needed. I learned a lot this year that will be applied to next seasons races;D