• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lions Back Closed

sprinksbeme

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kingman, AZ
This is a message I recieved from the membership chair of the Arizona Association of 4 Wheel drive Clubs

Lions Back in Moab is Closed,
The land was sold right in front of Lion’s back, they’re going to block access to it and build condos. Dump bump and Potato salad hill are already fenced off but all the trails will be open for a long time to come they say. They got some kind of legislation through in Utah that says if there’s an existing trail, access has to remain open. Lion’s Back, Dump Bump and Potato Salad hill are all single obstacles, not trails.

I have not been able to confirm it from another sorce yet,
Marty

Amac70

ME
check pirate there is info on it there big long thread about it. Its a bummer something i wanted to do but it looks like its not to be. But there is a lot of other stuff there still.

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
Just buy one of the condos and maybe you'll have access to it! That sux.....

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
There is always the back way up Lion's back. It is more treacherous and the possibility of dying is greater. But, it is doable. When you go up, there is an off camber section that leans your vehicle towards the edge, not a good feeling....;D Makes sure your shorts are clean and tight before attempting it..