• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lock-Rite Locker $239

bronccar

Summit has this front locker for $239.00

Is that a great dela or not at all?

Why so cheap?

Good Locker?

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
That's what is considered a lunch box locker. You take your carrier out and then replace the guts of it with the locker and then put it back in. For mild use with smaller tires (less than 33") they are okay but I've seen way too many of them broken (Both the locker itself and the stock carrier it goes in) to advise them for anything else.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
lock rite locker

I agree about it being a lunch box locker, I would go with the Aussie locker if you want to go cheap it's 229.00 all the time if memory serves? But the difference is it is supposedly made of better stuff ( still uses the stock carrier) but is warranteed for any size tire or extreme use where the lock rite is not as far as I know?

Ben

OP
OP
bronccar

bronccar

This is a mud/trail rig with 33's (or will be).

I am putting new ring and pinion in it (4.56) and I wanted to put a locker in the front while I was in there, but the budget is screaming no-no-no

michael084

Loc.
Santa Rosa Beach, Fl
I like the aussie up front. I am running 35 inch BFG all terrains on aluminum wheels (much lighter than when I had steel wheels). All mud and sand down here though, most guys around here never upgrade axles even with lockers. I think, (never having tried rocks) that if I did do rocks I would have waited to buy an arb.

Debs70

I've been running a LockRight in my front D/44 for about 8 years pushing 35" tires and never had a problem. In fact many people I know run the same setup without issues. I wouldn't even consider it for a rear application since I know of several failures, myself included.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
lock rite locker

Several of the guys over at the Pirate site have been running the aussie locker since they were new and have had zero problems with 36+ tires and of course most of those guys run rocks with reckless abandon. I would say if you have the bucks go ARB or with something that comes complete ( not having to use your carrier) or give the aussie a try. I bought one but haven't really given it a hardcore workout.

Ben