• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX Looking for a frame, VIN, and title

OP
OP
S

sdbuggyboys

Thank you to everyone who replied and helped out! I've got the three I need for now. Unless anyone has a frame with a 351W and dana 44, I think I'm good for now.

destroyer000

so what if you have the proper registration/title/ glove box vin tag an the original frame but its beyond repair? can you cut the vin stamping out of it and weld it into a new remanufactured frame from wild horses or a tdk frame?

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
so what if you have the proper registration/title/ glove box vin tag an the original frame but its beyond repair? can you cut the vin stamping out of it and weld it into a new remanufactured frame from wild horses or a tdk frame?
I wouldn't ask for legal advice here as all you will get are opinions. If I did that in my state it would not be allowed. They would assign a new VIN if they accept what was done was legit. Ask your DMV

OP
OP
S

sdbuggyboys

I wouldn't ask for legal advice here as all you will get are opinions. If I did that in my state it would not be allowed. They would assign a new VIN if they accept what was done was legit. Ask your DMV
Sometimes. Or, you will get good answers. Obviously, the DMV is the right place to go for the ultimate answer, but at the end of the day I've gotten different answers even within the DMV office. Here is what I learned over the last three years of fighting for a title for a similar build. Some of it boils down to morality. If you're a good welder and can patch a good VIN on to a different/new frame, chances are they'll never see it and you'll be good to go, most states wouldn't check anyway. However, for me and my customers, that isn't an option because if it ever does get checked, it all comes back on me and my reputation. So, here are the answers that I've gotten from the Texas DMV chief vehicle inspector ( forensic guy who tells you if its stolen or not). Basically, if you've got all the good paperwork and an original frame that is beyond repair, you are unfortunately stuck, not a whole lot you can do to make that federally legal in every state. If you have a FRAME without a title (glovebox door and door tag don't count. They may in your state, but federally they don't count) you can apply for some version of a bonded title depending on the state which will take 1 to 5 years to complete. The federally legal way to do a TDK frame or similar is to complete it as an ASSEMBLED vehicle (similar to a kit car) which also varies in requirements by state. Again, a lot of guys will build a TDK or similar frame and stick a glovebox door on it and call it good but if that vehicle ever gets sold in CA or NY or similar, they will check the frame and if it either doesn't have a VIN or it has a plate welded on in from a old frame, you will not be able to register it. I have one customer who wants everything by the book and I have spent countless hours on the phone with the CA DMV trying to figure out the correct way of doing things. One of the joys of working on 50+ year old vehicles.....

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
I have a 73 Frame, and all the frame vins match the paper title vi# and the glove box door tag #'s match also. It is complete and you can even test drive it. Has a 9" rear and believe a Dana 30 or maybe a D44 (has front drums) . Has 3 spd (twin stick)manual trans and OEM J shift D20.

Saginaw P/S pump- P/B. Has rebuilt 302 w/small cam and low mileage on it. Knee deep rubber 33x12.50x15 are on it now, and matching new spare. I had 37's one time out. It is set up in a 4 seater configuration. Corbeau front seats. Deist 4 pt front buckles. The tube body is welded on but can be removed fairly easy. Yes it is a blast to drive. Asking 15K. I have some other parts I can throw in, fenders, tub, complete dash, old school roll/light bar. PM me if interested.

Attachments

• B 1.JPG
    B 1.JPG
    319.8 KB · Views: 44
  • B 3.JPG
    B 3.JPG
    392.2 KB · Views: 38
  • B 4.JPG
    B 4.JPG
    301.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_3498.JPG
    100_3498.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 39
  • creek cross.jpg
    creek cross.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_1908.JPG
    100_1908.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
S

sdbuggyboys

I have a 73 Frame, and all the frame vins match the paper title vi# and the glove box door tag #'s match also. It is complete and you can even test drive it. Has a 9" rear and believe a Dana 30 or maybe a D44 (has front drums) . Has 3 spd (twin stick)manual trans and OEM J shift D20.

Saginaw P/S pump- P/B. Has rebuilt 302 w/small cam and low mileage on it. Knee deep rubber 33x12.50x15 are on it now, and matching new spare. I had 37's one time out. It is set up in a 4 seater configuration. Corbeau front seats. Deist 4 pt front buckles. The tube body is welded on but can be removed fairly easy. Yes it is a blast to drive. Asking 15K. I have some other parts I can throw in, fenders, tub, complete dash, old school roll/light bar. PM me if interested.
That's pretty sweet, but I've bout four in the last few months and I'm set for the time being. Good luck with the sale!

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Clean, signed /notorized title w/ glove box " tag" . Text me @2676804827
If I have the frame and get a bonded title, the owner of this paper is out of luck (and money). This is a bad practice.