• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for a paint and body shop in ATL

cbackes

Any one in the ATL area have any recommendations for a good paint and body shop? I have started the search with some mixed results, and was hoping that someone out there had some first hand experience. Thanks in advance!

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey g8rb8t and I have discussed this topic, there's a lot of variables, it somewhat depends on how much body work you need (floor pans, inner fenfers, etc or just some minor dings), the kind of paint job you're looking for??, your time frame for the work, and what you're willing to spend.

Most local body shops prefer insurance work on vehicles that are easy to get parts for, both OE and aftermarket parts.

There are some great resto shops in Atl. but you're talking big bucks and long lead times.

A color change on a vehicle ups the price considerably, due to door jams, under hood, etc.

You really need a complete list of what you want and then take the EB and go talk to different shops to get their input and price.
Good Luck!!

EBGeek

tagging along for the ride.

I don't want to derail the current thread, but do you guys know if there's an Atlanta area EB thread and/or meetup anymore? I see the Atlanta Owner's thread hasn't been updated in a few months and wondered if any of you ever get together to stare at each others rigs with a beer in hand?

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
I don't know if he's still up there, but there is a super nice shop and super nice guy named Donny Smallwood, Perfect Auto Body in the Roswell/Woodstock area. He painted a spec miata for me about 12 years ago and did a bit of collision repair over the years for various friends and family. I've moved 5 years ago and haven't spoken to him, but might be worth a call.

He always did really nice work at a fair price, and always liked to have a few cool fun projects going on in the shop to fit around the standard (boring!) collision stuff.

770-894-3228 or 770-664-8441. 135 Kuykendall Way, Woodstock, GA

If you talk to Donny tell him the Ben and Tim Foltz said hello.

OP
OP
C

cbackes

Thank you for all of the suggestions! I'll follow up with each of them!