• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for Atlas 3:0-1

BradH

Loc.
Blandinsville, Il
I am looking for a Atlas 3:0-1. Might consider other ratios. Let me know if one is available somewhere. Thanks, Brad

Broncobowsher

Total hack
What input do you want? what bolt circle? (What transmission will you be attaching this to)

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I have an AOD with D20 Advanced adapter currently. Just broke my D20.
OK, which of the kits? The stock style that takes the transmission apart for a new output shaft and the mounting bushings are stock style. That will be unicorn special order as it is 27 spline and the Bronco bolt circle. In short, the only thing that will work with is an AOD with the Bronco style adaptor.

The other option is if you have a 4WD AOD, with the 80s/90's tailhousing (single rubber mount) and have the 31 spline output. The other AA adaptor is the conversion from the full size 31 spline and full size transfer case pattern to the Bronco sized transfer case bolt pattern and 28 spline. This is typically called the ZF adaptor as the original use was to adapt the ZF transmission but works on nearly any full size transfer case down to the D20. If you have this you should be able to take the adaptor off and look for a normal (not Bronco) bolt pattern in 31 spline input.

Last I checked there was a pretty long lead time on getting an Atlas new. Your best bet is to look for another D20 to run while you are on the search for the Atlas or getting one made.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Brad and I discussed the lead time, why he's asking here. Hoping someone has one they decided to not use or don't need for another 8 months and is willing to order a replacement. With the AOD there are several ways to make the adapters all work.