• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for heim joints

73 bronco 347

I am gonna build a anti wrap bar for my 73 bronco. I am looking for a strong heim joint to use with out breaking the bank. Please let me know if you have one or know of a place to purchase one. I am located in Az. I am thinking of using 1 1/2 pipe but can adjust accordingly. Thank you

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I have used parts for a 3-point hitch from the tractor store. Stupid strong and farmer priced cheap. Not the tightest fit, but just fine for a torque arm. Not for steering.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Pipe won't last the first weekend of wheeling...1 1/2" DOM .375" wall. Depending on design, you need to make sure the Johnny Joint or Heim you end up with will allow enough twist for your articulation.

More torque you have the stronger it's got to be.

Check Barnes 4WD. Their joints are the least expensive I've seen and seem to be good quality.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP

73 bronco 347

I was looking at the ruff stuff kit. Comes with 3 feet of 2 inch and 3 feet of 1.5 inch