• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for sector shaft alternatives for stock power steering

chuddy

Ignore title, shouldn't say sector shaft.

Does anyone know of a lower steering shaft (rag joint down to u-joint going into power steering box) that would fit into an EB? I'm not looking to spend $200+ dollars on a "correct" one, I would rather grab one out of a junkyard if possible (happy to weld it in as well). Not really sure where to even start looking!

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Used stock ones sell here on the board for $30 for the 73-75 non adjustable one and $75 for the 76/77 adjustable ones.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
If you have the Xterra steering box...
The steering shaft from a 2nd gen Mercury Villager installed backwards with an underdash rag joint off a Nissan Titan will work. Need to grind one new flat in the splines so the pinch bolt will fit. It is the correct length and splines at each end and the rag joint has the same spacing as the Bronco column (I used a '73 column).