• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mass Buy - Hedman Headers with Jet-Hot coating

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Sorry Pete, Guess I missed it by time I got to the third page. I'll try harder next time.

http://www.hedman.com/pages/hedmanmain.html

Years 66-77
Engine - 302
Part # - 89410
Replac gasket- 27340
A/C- Y
P/S- Y
Auto col - Y
Auto flr - Y
Std col - Y
Std flr - Y
Emissions - (C)
Tube & col- 1 ½” 2 ½”

Footnotes:
4- Includes parts necessary to retain emission devices. (49 State)
6- Modification to stock exhaust required to retain catalytic converter.
166- Will not multi-shock absorber factory or aftermarket installations.

Last edited:

bigpappa

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gardendale Al
I know these will work with my 351W I just wanted to make sure there is not a problem with them going past my ZF. If not count me in! ;D ;D

cams 76

Loc.
brookings
so these will not fit with the wildhorses dual shock hoops not long travel even though they are on the other side of the frame? do i need the shorties? anyone had this setup with duals before?

Awnrie69

Loc.
Salem, Or
I am sure this is a very stupid question so I am sorry if I am bothering any one. I was thinking about getting headers but do not know all what would be involved since I have never had them before, Any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks

Also when would we need to have a decision made by?

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
Awnrie69 said:
I am sure this is a very stupid question so I am sorry if I am bothering any one. I was thinking about getting headers but do not know all what would be involved since I have never had them before, Any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks

Also when would we need to have a decision made by?

In essence what your looking at is replacing the entire exhaust system from the exhaust manafold back. Headers replace the stock exhaust manafolds. The idea is to allow the engine to breath as free as can be. Remember the engine is nothing but a air pump. The idea is to allow the most air in, mixed with fuel. And what you let in , you gotta let out. Headers in conjunction with a aftermarket intake manafold and maybe a 4 bbl carb,as a set,help to make this possible.

The draw for some here is the quality and fit of these headers as well as the finish/coating that is applied to them. They will look very nice for years to come and with the coating they will run cooler than most headers with out the jet hot. Headers are noted for getting very hot.

Last edited:

msweb

Bronco Guru
Well said Jeepster but you left out my favorite reason - They sound better!;D

Dennis

Loc.
Northern California
Wow, thanks for your efforts.

I have a few questions. I know you've installed a few sets of these yourself. How thick are the mounting flanges? Will they accept "Stage 8 Locking Header Bolts" Which header gaskets have you had the best luck with? Will I still need the plug wire boots with this coating?

Lastly, on Jet Hot's site it say "The same basic formula is available in matte black, blue and cast-iron gray", are these available in this deal also?

I was planning on getting the Hooker Headers (6909) form Jet Hot in the next couple of months. It looks like my choice may have changed do to this deal. Thanks again for all your efforts.

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The flanges are reasonably thick, but I do use the Stage 8 bolts, as well as the Earls gaskets.

This mass buy is for the Sterling coating ONLY....sorry.

:cool:

Awnrie69

Loc.
Salem, Or
Is there a dead line set on this? I have a few things going on right now that I need to figure out before I commit

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
August 18th is the deadline.

Also, ALL of the information concerning this group purchase is contained in the very first post of this thread.

dk5122

Loc.
Bel Air, MD
I know that August 18th is the dead line. This is the first mass buy I've ever done. I've sent you my info by email. I was just wondering what happens next. I'm not trying to be a pain or dumb to whats going on. I would like to know what the next step is and when. BTW.. How many orders do we have now?
Thanks, Dan

nysledge

Loc.
Greensboro NC
I would be in except that they do not fit with dual shocks. Good job in getting them though. I know it is early and my coffee is not ready yet but I am not sure why they would not fit with the Duff hoops.

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have dual shocks up front, and my Hedman's fit fine.....no problem at all. You can see them i the background of this photo....

:cool:

Attachments

• mvc-017f.jpg
    mvc-017f.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 114

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's another look........

Attachments

• headers 5.jpg
    headers 5.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 116

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
AND another.....

Attachments

• headers 3.jpg
    headers 3.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 118

msweb

Bronco Guru
DAMN those look GOOD! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I wish I had another Bronco so I could buy TWO sets! ;D

LSUPete - how are things down there in Margritaville? Everything survive the storm ok? I was there when Andrew hit Homestead and will NEVER forget it!

I miss the Keys - my dad and I were on Islamorada every other weekend working on the fleet at Smugglers Cove. it was a sweet gig. He'd turn the wrenches, I'd water test, dive, ski and fish!

Anyway - how many sets are we up to??