• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mass Buy - NEW Can-Back soft top

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
A couple of pictures, my site is done. I had it turned off as earthlike says I have used 21.9G of ban width. About the same as microsoft!

Attachments

• dscf0092.jpg
    dscf0092.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 168

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
The frame work. The tabs on the horizontal bars are for attaching the roof rack. Also the new windshield header and drop wiper bracket is included. The snap bar is taped on to the tail gate

Attachments

• dscf0093.jpg
    dscf0093.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
This is the inside view of the new metal door window frame with the stock door rubber installed. The curved top piece makes the top canvas seal and hold form.

Attachments

• dscf0096.jpg
    dscf0096.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
The new door window frame ready for the stock door rubber

Attachments

• topdoortrim.jpg
    topdoortrim.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
?:?

hmmm,

Verry nice indeed!

HOWEVER... it almost seems like they are a soft hardtop. By that I mean, if you want to go topless it apears to be as big of a deal to remove as a hardtop... perhaps lighter.

without the canvas it's frame still seems extra cagey...

VERRY nice, just LOOKS like it'll be a lil bit of a pain to take off etc....

If I'm wrong I'd LOVE to hear it! :p

I'm still think'n it's a way nicer product than STC etc...

:cool:

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Slick said:
?:?

hmmm,

Verry nice indeed!

HOWEVER... it almost seems like they are a soft hardtop. By that I mean, if you want to go topless it apears to be as big of a deal to remove as a hardtop... perhaps lighter.

without the canvas it's frame still seems extra cagey...

VERRY nice, just LOOKS like it'll be a lil bit of a pain to take off etc....

If I'm wrong I'd LOVE to hear it! :p

I'm still think'n it's a way nicer product than STC etc...

It is a lot lighter than a stock top. Top front part of the top will roll back, both sides and the back will roll up. You can't do that with a hard top. But with everything rolled up/back the top will still support the roof rack and be taut. As far as taking it off it uses the stock top mounting holes (no new holes at all)on each side so that would be the same but it has a header in front that does not need to be removed to remove the top like with the stock top so over all I guess it is like removing the hard top but easier and much ligther. And you can take it all the way apart and store it in a 8"x 20"x 60" box. If you run a roll cage I don't think you will notice the bars. Anyway there is a lot to it so I better understand the cost.

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
;D

I don't mean to sound like I don't like it... more like the opposite of that!

I'm just hope'n for a "Perfect" top" ;) like a push button convertable hardtop! :D

Ok, just kid'n!! I guess this top is still not perfect... to me, but it's a WHOLE LOT closer than any of it's compitition! This one I could leave on in the winters up here without need'n a survival suit on in order to not freeze to deth!

%) still seems wierd that Best Tops don't make the top that they do for Heeps for us too :( I speak of that "Day lighter" or what ever... with the fold back front portion.

Ok... I'll shut up, these look awsome! just a lil occward to take down/off... all in all (seemingly) the best top for an EB so far... BY FAR.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
HotWheels said:
that was edited in after I asked.
Your right. Your first post came in between the pictures I was posting. After I finished the pictures I went back and added the words to all of the pictures. I can't see the pictures when I post them so it is easier for me to go back and add the words

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
spieser said:
When do we get ours? Shipping cost?
Getting excited.
Can Bac says they will be finished with all of them next friday and I can pick them all up then. We will be shipping them out the following Monday. I have one in the boxes now so I can weigh them and give the shipping cost. All I need is zip codes