• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mass Buy - NEW Can-Back soft top

U

Unregistered

I would like to order the Top @ $1000
Side window option +$175
Roof rack option: +$275
and would like to pick it up for BC Bronceo to save on shipping
Thanks
Roger Teno
Acton, Ca.
This is # ???

PS I'm having trouble postiong under my registered user Name ?

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
sealcpo said:
Will this be a one time deal, or does Can-Back plan on adding EB's to their full time line up of tops? Thanks!
They say I have the exclusive on them so I am not sure if they will advertise them but they will continue to make them. This is a 1 time deal through.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Re: Stainless Steel?

spieser said:
Is the frame for our top the stainless or powder coat version Can Back offers?
Does the roof rack we can order come with the basket like Jason's Bronco?
Thanks
Powder coated. The roof rack is as in the picture

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Raskew said:
If your roll bar sits higher than the front windsheild (actually just under the hard top) will it still work/fit?

Rick
It should fit over any roll bar that a stock top will fit over. The one you can see on Jasons top is taller than most roll bars and the top fits over it fine.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Unregistered said:
I would like to order the Top @ $1000
Side window option +$175
Roof rack option: +$275
and would like to pick it up for BC Bronceo to save on shipping
Thanks
Roger Teno
Acton, Ca.
This is # ???

O.K. Roger you are # 4, 6 to go

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Unregistered said:
Roger, please email me or post in the Test and Help forum and I'll help you out with your log in problem.

hd03sporty

Loc.
Tucson AZ
Chuck,
count me in on one, also can it be shipped FED-EX express on my account number....I work for them so it will save me a butt-load on shipping charges....Also off topic a bit are you ever going to get back the half doors (the hard ones)??

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
hd03sporty said:
Chuck,
count me in on one, also can it be shipped FED-EX express on my account number....I work for them so it will save me a butt-load on shipping charges....Also off topic a bit are you ever going to get back the half doors (the hard ones)??
O.K. you are #5, 5 to go. I am working with Malotte to build them now.

fuseman

Loc.
SoCal
shipping costs

Hey Chuck I would like to know the same. My brother works for UPS and it would save me some money on shipping as well if I could ship it to him.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I make no money on shipping so I can ship anyway you want as long as it doenn't cost me. UPS comes to my door every day. I will find out how for sure but think your brother needs to send a pick-up slip. Same for Fed-X

Dogdare

Chuck,

Thanks for working with Can-Back to make this top and this Mass Buy happen. Unfortunately, I think I've recently burned my Bronco budget for the next year or two :( , but I do have a question. How much drilling is required to mount this top on a Bronco? I currently have a servicable Kayline soft-top, so I can't justify buying a new top no matter how hard I try, but I was wondering how many new holes would have to go into my precious sheet metal (windshield frame, bedrails,...)?

thanks,
Herb
Ventura, CA.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
They were designed to fit the stock holes. Some of the EB windshield frame holes are a little diff. but other than that they should bolt to the stock holes.

thumper

Loc.
Bountiful, Utah
Hey guys! Don't take this the wrong way, but $1300 for a soft top, DAMN!! Nice top, but this is crazy talk!!! I have supported Chuck in the past, both by buying parts and supporting him on the forum, but there is no way that I will ever pay that much for a soft top made of canvas.

Have you guys been getting shipments of the good stuff from Madgyver (local, home grown) if ya know what I mean!!

Anyway, more power to ya guys!! Rock on, but my order won't be coming in soon!!!

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
thumper said:
Hey guys! Don't take this the wrong way, but $1300 for a soft top, DAMN!! Nice top, but this is crazy talk!!! I have supported Chuck in the past, both by buying parts and supporting him on the forum, but there is no way that I will ever pay that much for a soft top made of canvas.

Have you guys been getting shipments of the good stuff from Madgyver (local, home grown) if ya know what I mean!!

Anyway, more power to ya guys!! Rock on, but my order won't be coming in soon!!!
I guess all I can say to this is you're entitled to your opinion. I've seen this top in person. I've never owned a bronco with a hard top and after seeing the construction and materials I feel that it is worth every penny of the price. I've gone through 3 tops and countless windows being sewn in over the years and this top looks like it will last 3 times as long making it a smart purchase. Chuck, do you know if they will offer their surrey top version(full length bikini) for the bronco also? It seems like it would be easy to do since they already have the dimensions...

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
thumper said:

I have wrestled that 1000lb hard top for the past 15+ years because I have never like the looks of the soft tops that were available and had to listen to grips by people that owned them. For the 1300 bones you also get a roof rack. How many other soft tops out there are built well enough to support a roof rack? NOT…This is a lot of money I admit however I think this is a top quality product that will last me for years to come. I am defiantly going to give it a shot. I will tell you how well it worked out in 10 years.:eek:

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Thumper, I got to agree with you, $1300 is a lot of money. But so is $1000 for what is out there now ($700 for the top and $300 for the rack that can not be used on that top). I think you can buy a good hard top with doors for $1300 also. This is a quality top and I did not set the price. I will be paying the same price for this top as everyone else that gets into this buy. I have my stock top and doors but it is a lot of bother to take it off and put it back on every year so I just run the bikini top and try to not drive in bad weather. I have not used the soft top because I have not found one that I liked, mostly because they flap and leak and are a lot of trouble to get snaped when cold. Fro the diff in money I think this is a good deal.
Grizzly, after this deal is done I will check to see if they will make the surrey top, with the back and sides rolled up wouldn't it be a surrey top?