• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mass Buy - NEW Can-Back soft top

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I do not, it will be a couple of weeks before I get a top here then I can take a bunch of pictures.
This mass Buy is over. Think you all for getting involved and asking questions.

hd03sporty

Loc.
Tucson AZ
Chuck,
Thanks for all the help in this, looking forward to getting the new top, when do you want the info and the $$$$$?

Mike

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
hd03sporty said:
Chuck,
Thanks for all the help in this, looking forward to getting the new top, when do you want the info and the $$$$$?

Mike
Now would be a good time. Just use the toll free # 888 304-2945 and tell them you are in the mass buy for the tops and what you want, we have already started customer orders on everyone.

brianca

If any of you guys are replacing a bestop with your new top, let me know if you want to get rid of it. Looks like I missed this deal, but I already have a bestop bikini, so the full top should work ok for me.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Well it looks like another successful mass buy! Nice job Chuck!

I'll unsticky this thread now, although you can still discuss it here.

luckys

Loc.
San Jose, CA
Mass but still possible?

Is it too late to purchase the mass buy Can-Back soft top??? I am very late reading this but very interested.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
New News, bad news. The roof rack in the pictures is not what you get when you order a roof rack. I was not aware of this until I was ordering them last night. There is a roof rack and a basket, both are a little over $600, sorry. I worked out a deal with Can Back. They feel bad for not telling me this up front so will let them go to the Mass buy people for $425 for both parts. That is less than my cost but still a lot more than what we expected. Everyone in the mass buy has the following options. 1. pay the extra 2. cancel the roof rack 3. cancel the whole order 4. order just the roof rack and get the basket later. Please let me know ASAP The tops have all been ordered and are being made

xbanone

Chuck,

The main reason i went with this top was because of the roof rack feature, that extra $$ puts me way over my limit, sorry chuck but im gonna have to cancel my order, thanks anyway....

Brady

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
xbanone said:
Chuck,

The main reason i went with this top was because of the roof rack feature, that extra $$ puts me way over my limit, sorry chuck but im gonna have to cancel my order, thanks anyway....

Brady
I understand, sorry it didn't work out. Please E-mail me off line with your name and I will refund all of your money.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Sorry bpassmore, someone already did. If you would like I can put you first on a list. BTW to rack and basket can be added later, rack then basket.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
chuck said:
Sorry bpassmore, someone already did. If you would like I can put you first on a list. BTW to rack and basket can be added later, rack then basket.

Things change, I now have 2 openings. The first 2 to respond can get in on the above deal.

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
Ouch!!!! holy crap... why do I have the feeling this guy is screwing us?????

Is this not the pricing the a$$hole gave you?

Mass Buy Prices: $1000 (normally $1200)
Side window option +$175 (normally $200)
Roof rack option: +$275 (normally $305)

Sounds like he found out this was going to be a little more time consuming to build than the thought and is trying to make us pay for his mis-calculations..

Maybe hes wanting to piss us off "hes doing a good job" so BCbroncos want have the exclusive right to sell these tops...sounds like someone else has made him a offer to purchase more or something along those lines....Man this sucks.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I hate to admit it but my guess is I was the one that misunderstood. He said that the roof rack was $305 and I could get them for this deal for $275. What I saw was what they put on Jasons Bronco for the Expo show(the complete thing). If you look on their web site you will see the roof rack for $305 and the basket for $325. The rack and basket are separate. I complained to the owner and he agreed to the $425, a much better deal but still an increase of $150. I did not order any rack/baskets because they are standard parts and not just made for the EB so they have them in stock.
I have the exclusive right now but had to buy all of the production run at he last minute to keep the exclusive. Two other venders are pushing Can Back to sell to them and saying things like BC Broncos can't handle the volumn in sales or marketing and they can. I had to remind CB that the other venders didn't seem to have the time or imagination to make this product a reality in the first place but now have no problem with trying to cut me out. I still had to buy them all. And NO I am not happy, a few of the other venders should use their time and money to come up with new stuff instead of hanging around waiting to steal mine.

Last edited: