• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB 8th Wrench & Roast. Bronco(s) Neefed!

MEB

Fellow MEB members: I’d like to announce MEB’s plans to hold the Club’s 8th Wrench & Roast on July 29th and 30th, 2017. This year’s W&R will be in Dillsburg, PA. Once again, we will pool the talents and skills of our diverse membership to help out a fellow club member while having a great time, getting together for a fun day in the garage and eating some great food. Please mark your calendars and plan to attend! This is truly a more the merrier event as, the more we get done on the vehicle, the better we all feel! With that in mind, we are going to try scaling back the project expectations this year, in order to try to have a completed project at the end of the weekend. We can offer camping at our place for those who are attending. There are a few bed and breakfasts, motels and camp grounds in the area. Details on local accommodations will follow. Potential Nominees: We are taking this opportunity to ask for nominations for any current club member who would like to have their project considered for this year’s W&R project. As has been our policy in the past, nominated projects of anyone who has participated in one of the previous year’s projects will be given a slight advantage since they helped make someone else's Bronco project come true. However, if you are a newer member or were otherwise not able to attend in the past, do not let this discourage you since your project may be just what we're looking for! In general, I have facilities to do a wide range of mechanical and fabrication work, pretty much anything but paint or extensive body work. Below are a few suggestions, any one of these can be accomplished with a good day’s effort. · Installing an engine · Transmission · Axles · Disc brake conversion · AC install, suspension · Roll cage · Bumpers · Winch Do you have some upgrades you’ve wanted to do or, a project that’s gotten buried in the back of the garage that needs some help getting moved forward? If so, send an email to events@earlybroncos.com and tell me a bit about what you have in mind for your project and what you would hope to accomplish during the weekend.
We will likely have 10+ very capable people and quite a few who are there to learn and lend a hand as able. So there will be well over 100 man-hours of work time available. General Expectations: 1. You must be a current MEB member and must have your 2017 membership dues paid on time. 2. You must be able to have all the money and parts needed for your project in time (as well as some cash for last minute incidental parts runs during the build), this is crucial! 3. You will need to be able to transport your Bronco to Dillsburg, PA (assuming it does not run). If you do not have a trailer, let me know. We have many members who will be attending from all around the region and one may be close enough to haul it for some gas money. 4. The selected member should plan to arrive early on Friday to help get things set up and to get the Bronco, parts and tools in order so we can hit the ground running first thing Saturday. The selected member should also plan to help clean up on Sunday and will be one of the last to leave. Nominations must be received by March 5, 2017. We will review the nominations and will present the two or three that we feel best meets the scope of the W&R at our Roundup Planning Meeting on March 12th. The selected member will be notified by March 17th, so they can start gathering parts and working with me to coordinate this so that when July comes around, we are ready to make it happen! We look forward to hosting this and hope to see many of you come out to help, learn, and have a great time.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
boy, mighty tempting to throw mine in there but just a tad too far away.....good luck to whoever gets in!

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
This is just plain cool. Glad you all put something like this together for a needy individual!

Joe473

Great opportunity for someone! If I had this much help I would have made it to Carlisle last year with mine!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is an awesome event because it directly benefits a member and better yet, helps get a Bronco project done. Even smaller items like a disc brake conversion, body lift, etc will be considered. We might tackle more than one project and/or recipient depending on the project scope. Get your project list out and decide which one comes first, then send that email!

Mmflpa

Loc.
Philadelphia, PA
I want a kill switch and my front roll cage installed.. And my gas gauge doesn't work.. Probably too minor for this..