• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Blue Rocks Campground Trail Cutting & Wheeling near Allentown, Pa May 3rd, 2014

chris

No more Rock Crawler
MEB Blue Rocks Campground Trail Cutting & Wheeling near Allentown, Pa May 3rd, 2014

Join Mid-Atlantic Early Broncos Saturday May 3rd at Blue Rocks Campground, Lenhartsville, Pa (just west of Allentown, Pa) for a day of trail cutting and wheeling. This is a chance to wheel at a private campground that can really be fun.

The owners, Jed and Zac Wood are fellow Bronco owners and have invited us to help cut some trails and wheel those trails after lunch. There are some really difficult trails in the woods behind the campground and this should prove to be a great time for all involved.

We will meet in the parking lot of the campground by 9am and hit the trails shorty afterwards. Please bring your heavy boots, gloves, chainsaws, fuel and lunch. We will generally break around noon to eat and then hit the trails afterwards.

You might even want to consider staying at the campground over the weekend. The campground has cabins, rental trailers as well as full hook up sites for your camper. Find information on the campground here- http://www.bluerockscampground.com/

If you plan on attending please email to let me know if your going to be there for the day or staying the weekend.

Chris Jones
Events@earlybroncos.com

Attachments

• Blue Rocks May 2010 021.jpg
    Blue Rocks May 2010 021.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Blue Rocks May 2010 050.jpg
    Blue Rocks May 2010 050.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Blue Rocks May 2010 006.jpg
    Blue Rocks May 2010 006.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 61
  • bluerock08 009.jpg
    bluerock08 009.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 237

72pabronco

Sorry Chris can't attend, going to BroncoRama that weekend. Hope you all have a good time!!!

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No wheeling for me anymore but I'm happy to give Blue Rocks a two thumbs up. Its a great campground and Jed and Zach are some of the nicest guys you could ever meet.

slim811

Contributor
Hi Chris, I am a new MEB member and have not really met any one in person yet. Don't think my Bronco is quite up to riding those type of trails. Searched map quest I live over an hour and a half away (little longer 71 Bronco time). But looks like my nephew is making the Lehigh Valley Steelhawks indoor football team. His game is at 7 PM on that day, so I should be in the area and would like to at least stop by and meet some people. THANKS, Pete

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Hi Chris, I am a new MEB member and have not really met any one in person yet. Don't think my Bronco is quite up to riding those type of trails. Searched map quest I live over an hour and a half away (little longer 71 Bronco time). But looks like my nephew is making the Lehigh Valley Steelhawks indoor football team. His game is at 7 PM on that day, so I should be in the area and would like to at least stop by and meet some people. THANKS, Pete

Slim, Blue Rocks is a small place and has campground roads to get you within easy walking distance of any of the trails they will be cutting. I would suggest you show up and it will be easy to follow the group by staying on the campground roads. It's a very cool place and the Wood brothers are great folks, not to mention all the great MEB people you'll meet! ;D

OP
OP
chris

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Getting a little closer to the date, anyone else going?

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Chris,
I'm 80% sure I'm coming with the boys. Hopefully Tyler will ride the whole time instead of walking!

slim811

Contributor
Not sure if I will bring my truck but still planning to stop by to say Hello.

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
If attendance is looking low, maybe we should push the date a week or two... 😇

I love Blue Rocks, but I will be in Disney with the family.

OP
OP
chris

chris

No more Rock Crawler
If attendance is looking low, maybe we should push the date a week or two... 😇

I love Blue Rocks, but I will be in Disney with the family.

This date worked for the guys at Blue Rocks as they get busy in May, Mothers day is the next weekend and the Super Celebration is the previous weekend.

Can't make them all.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Hi Chris - I'm planning to come out as long as the weather forecast continues to look good!

The Bronco is too pretty for the trail, but the Bronco Tow Vehicle (BTV) is a trail ready Land Cruiser that I'd like to play around with a bit! It's about a foot wider than the Bronco and twice as long, but should still be fun