• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Round Up! June 23-25, 2011 - Pics Start Pg 24

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I am getting back from Europe on the 22nd around 7 pm in Miami !!
would have to get home get the bronco and drive strait up there ... hmmmm

I THINK I CAN DO THAT !!! ;)

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
so should i be at campsite 3 1/2 or 4 1/2? ;D

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I am getting back from Europe on the 22nd around 7 pm in Miami !!
would have to get home get the bronco and drive strait up there ... hmmmm

I THINK I CAN DO THAT !!! ;)

I am game if you are! We can pre pack and be ready to roll as you get off the plane / boat. Its a long haul for us. I looked on the map, it's like 7 inches to gore from us. We will take your bronco to wheel it and I guess were camping. So I could load up the cooker and try to get a camp site by Tasker. He is a party animal and I can run faster than him.

Did a map search. 940 miles A mile a min = 940 min. / 60 = 15.666 Hours. so 16 hours Leave at 10PM Roll in at 2PM on the 23rd

Last edited:

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
ouchie! seriously, if you never been to this event do yourself a favor and attend. It's really a great time!

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
Yeah it is...even if your ball joints are shot and you have to dive out of the street cruise and eat yummy burgers on an $8 grill and drink beer all day at your site %)

But I wouldn't know what that's like... ;D

Last edited:

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Steve - check the ball joints before we leave camp on the street cruise, you're not diving out this year!

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
How can a man check his ball joints, when he can't see where he's going????%)%)%) Don't make him wear that blindfold!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Attachments

• DSCN2743.JPG
    DSCN2743.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 31

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
Steve - check the ball joints before we leave camp on the street cruise, you're not diving out this year!

Judy, I took care of those as soon as I got home last year!! As well as new seats, engine, trans, fuel tank, etc, etc, etc...I'm READY this year!!;D

Go get him Judy!!!
Hey, no comments from the Sasquatch gallery!!!

How can a man check his ball joints, when he can't see where he's going????%)%)%) Don't make him wear that blindfold!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

But look at that SMILE!!!! ;D A very good time!!!!

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I will consider this year's East Coast Round Up a huge success if both Bax and Judy (Pearlcoat) make it through without any skinned knees! ;D

nhopman

There have been a few posts about broken parts, wrenching on vehicles to get them ready, etc. so I figured it was time for the vehicle requirement list.

Nick

----------------------

Roundup vehicle requirements and a few other suggestions for the different trail levels.

Vehicle Requirements:

Mandatory equipment for Street Cruise:
Must be road worthy and street legal
Must have seatbelts for all passengers

Highly recommended for Street Cruise:
CB Radio
Fire Extinguisher (A,B,C type)
Basic first aid Kit
Trash Bag/container

Mandatory equipment for all Trail Levels:
Hardtop or Roll Bar
Seatbelts for all passengers
Solid Battery Hold Down (no bungee cords)
CB Radio
Fire Extinguisher (A,B,C type)

Other recommended equipment for all Trail Levels:
Basic first aid Kit
Trash Bag/container

Additional Requirements to run Blue and Black Level Trails
Tow Points either on the Front, Rear or Both ends
Good Tow strap - with no metal hooks
Tires: 33" min. for Blue, 35" min. recommended for Black
Locker or Limited Slip on one axle required for Blue, both axles for some Black

Additional Requirements for Red Level Trails
Tires: 36"+ min
Lockers required on both axles

Other Suggestions:
Carry some hand tools, Spare fluids and spare parts.
Carry a spare tire or a means of re-inflating your tires should you experience a flat.

If you do have a winch, be sure it is in good repair and equipped with RATED accessories, such as tree saver straps, shackles or D-rings, snatch block and quality leather gloves.

Do your vehicle maintenance and make sure everything is in good working order BEFORE you come to the Roundup! We do realize that things happen and that breakage does occur so if something does happen to your rig, rest assured, MEB has never left a member or guest stranded on the trail or street! If your vehicle is questionable or is having issues the morning of the ride, someone in the group will usually have an open seat for you to ride along with them.

While on the trail and while driving to and from the trail head, ALWAYS keep the vehicle behind you in sight! Especially at any intersection of trails or roads! Safety dictates that we keep our group together.

DO NOT LITTER! Keep in mind that we are one of the most scrutinized outdoor groups. Our actions may very well determine where we may or may not be able to ride in the future. Some of the places we ride are on private property. It is imperative that we respect the land owners by showing respect for their property and by leaving it as clean, or cleaner, than it was on our arrival. Cigarette butts, etc, are considered litter!

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I am game if you are! We can pre pack and be ready to roll as you get off the plane / boat. Its a long haul for us. I looked on the map, it's like 7 inches to gore from us. We will take your bronco to wheel it and I guess were camping.

You thinking bringing Hilda ???

Did you know about the mandatory min. vehicle requirements ??
I guess we are going to stay in the campground drinking beer and making new friends !!! lol

.... but i have new ball joints !!! ;)

Attachments

• X3703.jpg
    X3703.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
You thinking bringing Hilda ???

Did you know about the mandatory min. vehicle requirements ??
I guess we are going to stay in the campground drinking beer and making new friends !!! lol

.... but i have new ball joints !!! ;)

So Franko, what on the vehicle requirements are you lacking? Last full pic I saw of your rig it didn't have a roll bar or cage - other than that it looks pretty well built! :cool:

If it's just the roll bar and you can't get one before June, have one delivered to Gore and we can have an installation party! You can get one from Gordon or Suzy would probably bring you one. And Krawler's Edge makes an awesome single hoop (Ben's Stretch has one IIRC) if you're not looking for a full cage. Hey, we can make it work! ;D

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
I'll have to remember to pack a compartment on the RV with tools...a build party sounds fun!!

Wrench and roast, RU Style!!