• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mech. Fuel Pump Cam Eccentric

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Does it make a difference on which eccentric to use for the mechanical fuel pump on a carbureted 351W ? I know there are two different ones, a 1 piece and a 2 piece, but don't know for sure which to use. It is an early 1970's block.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Makes no difference. Just make sure you have the correct timing sprocket. One and two piece eccentrics use different timing sprockets.

OP
OP
B

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks guys, I thought the cam sprocket had something to do with it, but wanted to be sure.

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Locktite the bolt! When it comes loose you will be unhappy sitting on the side of the road w/o a fuel pump!

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
some of the cams are too deep and will hit the timing cover causing quite the issue. Make ure it clears the timing cover first.

WSM29

Not to HiJack this thread, but if installing an electic pump... Does this eccentric have to go back in? As long as you have the gasket and cover plate everything is fine without it correct?

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Not to HiJack this thread, but if installing an electic pump... Does this eccentric have to go back in? As long as you have the gasket and cover plate everything is fine without it correct?

some say it's ok and some not. i forgot to put one on after a motor rebuild and never had a problem