• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Michigan Bronco Club

broncoinsane

Loc.
southeren michigan
was wondering if anyone in michigan is interested in starting a bronco/off road truck club,i would like to see more broncos on the trail,i usually try to go somewhere at least once a month ,but usually its with a bunch of jeeps,usually i go to the mounds,but am planning on going to silver lake,grayling,rose city,drummond island in the spring,paragon park in june(east coast round up),and any other place someone would want to go,i dont want dues$$$$,or monthly meetings,just off-road fun,and maybe helping others wrenching on thier rigs.I belong to michigan 4xford bronco club but all i get is a monthly newsletter much about nothing,seems like they never plan anything,they have meetings but i cant drive 4-6 hrs away just for a meeting.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Check out these guys---
http://www.broncograveyard.com/4xford/index.html

They throw a swap in Zeeland, Mi every year. I've been to a couple of times. Good time!
You might try to contact Andy Ketchum. I met him at Attica one time and l think he's pretty involved with the Michigan group. Nice guy too.

Contact Joel too and he'll be sure to send you an email before the swapmeet.

peterinman

Loc.
East Jordan, MI
Count me in. My problem is that all I want to do is show up. If some of you cordinating types set stuff up I will be more than excited to show up.

OP
OP
B

broncoinsane

Loc.
southeren michigan
well looks like a good start so far,i will try and post info ahead of time so people can make plans ,some of the stuff will be trail runs with michigan jeepers,untill we get going and able to have enough people envolved,and it doesnt just have to be broncos,but the more broncos the better...
EDBRONCO:what do you need help with ,weekends are ok but it would have to be early if i have to work 3-11pm

72 eb:i do belong to that club,they never get ahold of me for events they put on,i do go to that swapmeet,mainly to look around and get my fix on early bronco stuff,i wish thier web site had more info on it like club calender of events or a way to get ahold of people,i emailed some of them and never get a response,never tried calling,but maybe i will.

tom:anybody is welcome,the more broncos the better,nothing looks better and turns more heads than a pack of broncos going down the road heading for the trail
;D

also im not looking to be a leader ,i will try to post info as i get it,anybody wanting to go somewhere should do the same,

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Sounds good INSANE. Next time the Illinois/Wisconsin folks have an event, I always make sure to post it here. We'll be doing some stuff this spring when it gets a wee bit warmer. Keep your ears on.

kuch68

Loc.
Waterford, MI
Put my name on your list as well....I might be inactive for a while b/c the bronco is getting a sheet metal makeover, but can't wait to get it out and have some fun.

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
;D

I'd be hip to join...

As long as it's not a "Southern Michigan Bronco Club"

For that matter... It's not all together a bad Idea to have a southern and northern.....

I know it's not like there are millions of broncos in MI... I just am not hip on southern MI, I grew up there and couldn't wait to move up here! I mainly dislike the east side... too much congestion etc etc etc

So ANY event up north here I'd be down for ;)

:cool:

strider

Loc.
Holland
I'm in Holland and I'm interested in an informal group too.

My 69 is sitting in a million pieces right now. I cut the front crossmember out tonight. That might give you a hint about how far I have torn it down. Believe it or not, I hope to have it ready for opening weekend at Silver Lake. Its a lofty goal, but a goal that can be achieved.

I don't know if the swap meet is actually sponsored by any club. It seems like Joel does the vast majority of the work on his own.

NOTICE: Joel told me last fall that the swap meet was NOT going to be at the same place. It used to be in Borculo, but will be at the Hudsonville Fair Grounds. Should be easier for most people to find. Can anyone confirm this?

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
strider said:
I'm in Holland and I'm interested in an informal group too.

My 69 is sitting in a million pieces right now. I cut the front crossmember out tonight. That might give you a hint about how far I have torn it down. Believe it or not, I hope to have it ready for opening weekend at Silver Lake. Its a lofty goal, but a goal that can be achieved.

I don't know if the swap meet is actually sponsored by any club. It seems like Joel does the vast majority of the work on his own.

NOTICE: Joel told me last fall that the swap meet was NOT going to be at the same place. It used to be in Borculo, but will be at the Hudsonville Fair Grounds. Should be easier for most people to find. Can anyone confirm this?

YEa Joel pretty much heads up the entire swap meet. He also told me they were having it at a different place this year, Probably where your talking about. The swapmeet has out grown the building in Borculo.

Glad to see so many people interested in this. Broncoinsain knows some great spots to wheel. Slick Sounds like you could head up the Northern runs. I know Broncoinsain and myself are not afraid to travel to wheel. Let set up some runs. I think he is working on one for next month. You would be shocked on how many guys and gals have EBs in Michigan. Only problem is over half of them are down for repairs:-[

grant_71

Bronco Guru
There is nothing wrong with being down for repairs.....but by the end of may....oh yes.....it will be going, but count me in, dont worry slick I am here in the north with ya, I know the feeling of "southern broncos" when mine is finished I will run up to P-Town and see how yours is going.....or when ever I drive home from school again.

Grant

MI-Bronco

Where do I sign?

Truck is finally coming together and will be ready this summer. Planning to be at the Bronco roundup at Jeff's on May 8th