• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mickey Thompson Classic III's for a 77?

jimnrenee's77EB

Loc.
Ward, AR
First off this site is wonderful and my wife is starting to call the computer the "other girl" instead of the bronco. I have raised my uncut 3.5 in JD suspension lift and 2 in body lift I currently have Galens PR78-15 on 15x7 or 8 in wagon wheel spokes. The rear has 11 pack springs and currently I have almost 5 inches of clearance between the tread and the rolled fender. I want to put Mickey Thompson Classic III 16 x 8 or 17 x 8? wheels and Mickey Thompson MTZ radial 32/10.50s? Is anyone running this combination on an uncut with a lift. I can't really figure out what offset is needed for those wheels, The local off road shop says go 15x7 rim and I hope someone can help me. I have searched the LUBR threads for two weeks now and haven't read or seen a thread that would answer my dilemma. Is anyone running those rims if not what is a good alternative? different rim sizes?

?:?

mac77

Loc.
Vicksburg
Nicks trix

Nicks trix has built a couple lubr that are very sharp. May want to check out there website. For some pics.

galen1970b

im running 15x10 M/T Classic III's on 35/12.5x15 General Grabber Red letters, I'm sure with a smaller tire and a more narrow wheel would be fine.

Attachments

• 2013-07-18 16.48.20.jpg
    2013-07-18 16.48.20.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 122

galen1970b

Offset -45 3.625" backspacing and thats on 15x10s, THe only issue when mounting and balancing is the inner rims close to the steering knuckle so they needed to use slim weights to get it to clear. But ive been on the highway with this wheel/tire combo...and so far they are pretty quiet(even with no top or doors..) and I dont get any vibrations at 65(my truck doesnt go 70..)