• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

migs Bronco Barn - a chronicle of what's happening at the new place

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Time for an update... it's been a little while and May was a busy month but not a lot of actual Bronco work was done. Spent time making trinkets and parts to donate to the May It Forward raffle, then sidetracked with my Bronco trying on some different tops and some potential new shoes.
More recently I did manage to get some work in on tasker's chassis... the dipstick needed a mounting tab and while I was there i found some holes worn through it that needed to be welded up. Once that was completed and the exhaust manifold tightened down I started in on re-fitting the exhaust system. The hardest part was getting the piped separated since the clamps had basically crimped them together. A new Magnaflow muffler is going in and I'll have a little cutting, fitting and welding to do to finish it up.

Ok, time for of all that in picture form now. 😁
first up, some of the May it Forward goodies:
IMG_8901.jpg IMG_8882.jpg IMG_8883.jpg IMG_8899.jpg IMG_8880.jpg

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thanks
Those tires are 285/75r17
And the Yokohama mt in that size seems to run a tad narrower than other brands of the same size.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
STILL have that black bikini top if you want to try it

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
Those the 17x8 Dodge wheels you were talking about?

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Yes, the dodge ram steel wheels that can be had either silver painted or with that chrome cladding.
Have to enlarge the center hole like I did on my previous 17x7” dodge wheels to clear the front hub.
IMG_9355.png
Yeller, it is 17x8 and the back spacing when measured at the flat surface of the bead flange is 5-1/4” and 5-1/2” if measured all the way out to the edge lip of the rim.
IMG_9352.jpeg IMG_9353.jpeg

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
What was the backspace on the 17x7 wheels? 5.5” seems like a lot.