• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mile Marker Supreme Hubs

kbronco

I was wondering if anybody had ever tried these and how they compare to the Warn Premium Hubs. I was also wondering if anyone had ever tried or knows anything about Powertrax Lockers and No-Slip. I have just been surfing Summit's website and found these products and wondering how well they work.

Thanks

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Don't get those hubs. While they claim to be supreme there is nothing Supreme about them. I replaced a set of worn Warn Premiums on mine about 1 1/2" years ago with the MM Supreme hubs. My first trip out the first hub broke within 15 minutes or so of putting it in 4WD and took out my Detroit Locker with it. The other side shattered 2 days later when I was trying to back up a hill on wet grass. I say shattered because that is literally what it did and then it took me about half an hour to pry the pieces out because they were wedged between the axle and hub splines. If you want to get the MM hubs then get the Stainless version (about double the cost). I doubt that you can get them through Summit though. I think BC Bronco's sells them.

BTW, I returned the MM Supreme hubs and got a set of new Warn Premium Hubs instead which I've been using ever since.

IPwizard

Loc.
NE Ohio
I bought MM Supreme Hubs about 3 years ago when I did my Disc conversion. I took them out of the box, put them back in and returned them and got the Warn Premiums. The MM hubs just looked cheep, plus all the negitive things people were saying about them. Spend a little extra on the Warns you wont be disappointed.

OP
OP
kbronco

kbronco

Thanks, I had never really heard much about the MM hubs but I was just curious. Anybody know anything about powertrax?

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
northern auto parts sells the MM stainless ones for $100. They are way beefier than the warns inside. I have already busted 2 of the warn premiums.

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Do you need new hubs, or just feel like upgrading? 'cause I don't consider Warns to be an upgrade over the stock Spicers.

ric9469

Loc.
Orinda, CA
I believe there are 2 versions of the MMs, the Supreme and the Stainless Steel ones. The stainless are the ones to get. I just replaced my Warn w/the MM stainless and they seemed beefier side by side and worked well on the one wheeling trip I've made since installation. Do a search and I think there are several posts w/pics and opinions.

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
SteveL said:
northern auto parts sells the MM stainless ones for $100. They are way beefier than the warns inside. I have already busted 2 of the warn premiums.
Steve,
Do you have a link?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I got the MM stainless about 4 years ago. Put them on to replace the old Warns. Much happier with the MM. As stated above there are several versions of the mile markers. The Stainless are second from the bottom in the price range or something like that. Got mine from Summit racing for $55?

I run mine with a lock-right and 4.88 gears up front. Not exactly nice to them either. Hook a rear bumper on a rock, turn the steering and put it in reverse to power pivot. That will blow a U-joint in nothing flat. After upgrading the axles I have yet to kill anything. This has been the most trouble free hub I have ever run. I really like the selector engineering. you can turn the hub in or out even if the guts are not lined up or are bound.