• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MO-EB FRANKENSTEIN WINE RUN (Photos added)

YellowBronc

Bronco God
Well, it was a quick, last minute decision last night on whether we would try and make it or not. We really like Missouri State Parks so we tend to lean toward staying at them. So we made our reservations last night to stay at Robertsville SP. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Now, where are the stops along the route that we can meet up with ya'll? Dutzow was mentioned by Dave. It appears an easy drive up 47 to 94 if that's a good stop. What is the ETA for Dutzow anyway? Looks like about a 30 minute drive coming from Robertsville SP.

I did notice our trees around here are just starting to turn beautiful colors. Looks like perfect timing for the cruize.

OP
OP
AWS

AWS

Loc.
ST LOUIS
Now, where are the stops along the route that we can meet up with ya'll? Dutzow was mentioned by Dave. It appears an easy drive up 47 to 94 if that's a good stop. What is the ETA for Dutzow anyway? Looks like about a 30 minute drive coming from Robertsville SP.

Hookup with David you'll be coming from the same general direction, we talked about meeting up at the Daniel Boone home about mid-morning.
Steve

RIbronco

Loc.
Costa Mesa, CA
For anyone interested.
The Boone home is at this location:
38.651454, -90.853109

It can be pasted into google/msn/yahoo/etc...maps.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Don, I think we are going to meet at the Daniel Boone home like Steve was talking about. We can meet up in Union and go from there, the DB home is probably around 25 +/- min. from there. We will probably take a different route to it then what we will follow to go to Herman. Like I said before, this is my backyard. Well kinda, I do service in this area all the time.

If Steve will give us an ETA on when he'll be there, we'll know when to meet! LOL;D

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Here's another map, It's just has a couple more lines on it. The back roads to the Daniel Boone's home is just as described on my map.

David

Attachments

• Dutzow to Herman.JPG
    Dutzow to Herman.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
AWS

AWS

Loc.
ST LOUIS
David, (in a perfect world) we'll be leaving the shop in Kirkwood at 8:00ish and that would put us at 40/94 about 8:40ish. We can gather up the St. Charles crowd and head off for the Boone home. We should be there between 9:00 and 9:30. This will be a good spot for late comers to catch up with us because we'll be there for a little while. When we leave the Boone home we can take the squiggly road back towards Herman.
Steve

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Don, I'd say we meet in Union around 8 - 8:30. That will give us enough time to moesy over there. Them St. Louis guys are always alittle late anyway. LOL;D

66broncoluvr

Loc.
St. louis, MO
Now your saying 8:00ish... I told you 9:30 at the earliest! Wanker! I will be there with Joe's bronco, Lorelei (who just turned 3!) and possibly Joe!

THIS GOES OUT TO ALL THAT SAY NO TRAILS FOR PRETTY BRONCOS. I'M CALLING YOU ALL OUT, LETS SEE THOSE RIGS!

Toby

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Doors are almost done, I was worried about having to break out my carharts for the mid Oct. ride. I figured with doors I could keep most of the heat in at least. Top speed in mine is 35mph. :cool: I should not get too cold. LOL

stedrey2

Loc.
St. Louis
I don't know about you boys, but Trixi and I will be there! Now for the rest of you that should be going... do I have to mention things like trix topless out for a weekend cruise... mmmm mmm sweet!:-*

goneballistic

Loc.
Washington, MO
Oh you have plenty of heat!! My boot started melting on his floorboard at OCBR, it was so hot!. LOL
Doors are almost done, I was worried about having to break out my carharts for the mid Oct. ride. I figured with doors I could keep most of the heat in at least. Top speed in mine is 35mph. :cool: I should not get too cold. LOL

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Oh you have plenty of heat!! My boot started melting on his floorboard at OCBR, it was so hot!. LOL

Heat is a good thing with our weather right now. I'll make some heat shields before next OCBR, I'm sure my wife will complain more that you Jamie.

David

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Looks like it's octoberfest at stone hill winery this weekend maybe for all of Herman MO? Who doesn't love German sausages with kraut and good music? Oh wait I saw that they were featuring accordion music! AWS can you and Penny polka for us younguns?

Ben

69Sport

Loc.
ST. Louis
Bronco Run

Hey Steve do you guys have a spot picked out at 94/40 to meet on Sat morning. I am really trying hard to make it. It may be a little cold with no top or doors but thats half the fun. After the comments about broncos that are to nice for trails in St. Louis I just have to show up. Let me know, Brett