• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Moab Bronco Safari

Franked

Loc.
Vallejo, CA
Hey Clint, I guess get the money back from you there, or I can get a couple T-shirts if you are getting a batch, an XL, and a L, let me know. I wrote down your number, I'll PM you mine, Frank
(yes the guy with the Jeep last year)

MoabB2

Loc.
Sandy, Utah
I'll be there the 4th to the 9th, staying at Canyonlands Campground in town. I know there are a couple of other Bronco II's planning on coming as well.

Can't wait to hook up and wheel for this 'unofficial' event!

Broco66

Loc.
Alpine, Utah
Moab

I'm new to this site but I'm in for the 6th through the 8th. Where are people generally going to be? What direction should I head when I get there?

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
I'm new to this site but I'm in for the 6th through the 8th. Where are people generally going to be? What direction should I head when I get there?

Majority of the people are staying at the Moab Rim campground. Head south out of Moab and the campground is on your right. For trails, show up the night before to find out what trails we will be running and where the staging area will be the day of the run.

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
I just took my bronco out of the shop for the first time last night and just got some bugs to work out (biggest spiel is the d20 gettin rebuilt and swapped in.

But we are pretty much good to go except maintainence on the tow rig and trailer. Staying at the Moab Rim and plans are to just go into town each night for dinner. Looking forward to the 20 hour straight thru tow down I-5.

Sorry for the ultra late reply but rarely come to Classic much.

RT

Bronco Guru
I just took my bronco out of the shop for the first time last night and just got some bugs to work out (biggest spiel is the d20 gettin rebuilt and swapped in.

But we are pretty much good to go except maintainence on the tow rig and trailer. Staying at the Moab Rim and plans are to just go into town each night for dinner. Looking forward to the 20 hour straight thru tow down I-5.

Sorry for the ultra late reply but rarely come to Classic much.

What is this tow rig and trailer thing you speak of ??

I've heard of this before ,,and may have to investigate further into this carry and tow operation . :D:D

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Clint

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Majority of the people are staying at the Moab Rim campground. Head south out of Moab and the campground is on your right. For trails, show up the night before to find out what trails we will be running and where the staging area will be the day of the run.

super Dave!

gbbronco

Loc.
Alexander City
We are working on the rig now geting ready to head your way 25 hr drive the BAMA GANG WILL be there on the 2nd or the 3rd .Greg

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
Damn... I think we gonna have to compare miles travelled to determine long distance!

I loving the idea of meetin people from all over the countries, even though I think we be the lone Canadians!

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
Yahoo Maps is telling me 1765.35 miles and 26.5 hours. We'll be towing a 30' trailer with two trail rigs so we'll see. We'll be there one way or another. We are leaving at dawn or earlier on the 1st, so we should be there to wheel by the morning of the 3rd. See you soon.

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
1100 miles for us. Straight thru unless we feel the need to crash, but other than that, just for fuel, munchies and food, I know my bud is hooked on Carls Jr.....

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
I'll be there, although not exactly sure when I'm getting there, most likely on Sunday, late afternoon. Don't get home from Albania till late the 29th, then gotta work Friday till late, pack and load on Saturday and head out Sunday. Always happy to wheel and lead trails. I can be reached at 719.352.2900.
Joe

RT

Bronco Guru
Mapquest is calling it 1187mi for us ,,, I'm glad I fixed the broken seat ....:)

Now if I could just get these mud type tires to roll quieter ...

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
crap.....%) Now we are being over run w/ Canadians....%);D

I like the term Canukistan ;D I wheel with a club from Calgary every two years when they com down from Moab. This year they are spending a month two weeks in Colorado and two in Moab.

LilRedBronco

Loc.
Belmont, California
To those who haven't been there and are on the fence... I used to live in Utah and we'd go down to Moab.

Here are some thoughts:

1. It is just visually stunning so make sure you bring a camera you'll regret not doing it. Not just a cellphone camera if you can they won't do it justice.

2. You will be amazed at the community so to speak on the trail. Folks in Moab area are just genuinely good to each other.

3. Even if you don't do any technical portions it is still worth the drive and effort.

4. It will be the most rewarding off road experience you have had in a long time if not forever.

5. If you are even a little bit religious you will be awestruck by God's creation.

6. You WILL enjoy yourself. I don't see how anyone except for the most cantankerous and grouchy of us could have a bad time there.

Be safe and have fun I wish I could join you but I am on standby with our org to go overseas most of May and June.

RT

Bronco Guru
crap.....%) Now we are being over run w/ Canadians....%);D

I haven't run over anybody for months now ,,,,,,,

Well ,,,,, it seems like months ,,,, you spottin' ?? ;D

Now were,,,, were'd I put that Tequila ???

RT

Bronco Guru
Oh no, I will be the one leading you down the path........;D:cool:

It's been a while since I've been lead down a path ,,, with promises of warm sunshine and cold Margeritas at the end ,,,,,,

There will be margeritas and senioritas ,,, right ?? :p:p

I think we're drifting here ;D