• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mother Nature vs "Christine" - 74' Bronco

OP
OP
M

MoonBaby4x4

Loc.
Street, Maryland
Sorry for not posting sooner, had alot of clean up and had to fix my bridge...

I took my John Deere with a back hoe down later during the storm and got within 12' of her. I laid 2-2x12x16's from the front bucket to the roof and walked across. Then I climbed inside, opened the rear window and shackled my 30 ft. 65,000lb strap to the rear bumper. I
then got back on the backhoe, turned it around, dropped the outriggers and tried to pull it out....I moved it about 3 feet and it started to suck back into the stream -trying to drag the backhoe.....I stopped, slowly released pressure, unhooked the strap from the backhoe and shackled her to a 3' diameter oak tree (wasn't about to screw 2 both things up and/or be killed in the process)......

Yesterday, the next morning, I found that "Christine" survived, but was swept sideways a good 15 feet and had a small dent in the lower front passenger fender. It's a good thing I strapped her down, if not I have no doubt she would've washed downstream....

Well she survived, plus she's now pretty clean- I got a free washing out of the deal lol (was covered in mud). I'll take some pics with my ol' lady's digital camera and post em soon............

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Glad you are alive!!! Sounds like it got a little "dicey".. The worst thing I can picture myself doing exactly that... except getting swept downstream with the tractor... Lets see the pics when you dry out.. GOOD JOB!!

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
You mention you weren't about to mess 2 things up but the most important one was not getting yourself killed. Glad you saved Christine and all is well.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Glad you guys pulled through and some pics would be cool ;D

Synds9

Loc.
San Diego, CA
i sure wish el nino hit san diego hard again.. i'd get on the kayak and go for a ride through mission balley

Awnrie69

Loc.
Salem, Or
Glad you tied her down so that it stayed there and survived... Maybe she just wanted a little pampering and it was her way of getting a spa treatment. ;)