• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mounting bracket suggestions for Tuffy Center Console

syndicate1

Contributor
I want to install a tuffy center console using the seat bolt locations instead of drilling holes through the floors. I’ve searched online for mounting bracket kits like this and haven’t found anything. Any suggestions on how to mount the console to the seat bolt locations? Or where I can find something that will work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think that’s how mine is mounted. I didn’t do it though, so don’t know just how far into your comfort zone it would be to weld together a fairly straightforward bracket.
Maybe Member 904Bronco will see this and chime in on how he did it.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I have made variations on this bracket for a few of my Broncos as they had Bench seats and the seat belt holes don't line up.

So with the Tuffy mounts, I usually weld a 1' square tube to the bracket and then drill some holes where I put nut-zerts in them to position the back of the box. Then I only need to drill one hole in the floor at the front of the box to secure it. The front mount also needs to be spaced up, another piece of 1" square tube usually does it.

Attachments

• IMG_20210422_183657471.jpg
    IMG_20210422_183657471.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20210424_155543679.jpg
    IMG_20210424_155543679.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20210424_165155418.jpg
    IMG_20210424_165155418.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20210424_165641437.jpg
    IMG_20210424_165641437.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20171107_141144381.jpg
    IMG_20171107_141144381.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I have made variations on this bracket for a few of my Broncos as they had Bench seats and the seat belt holes don't line up.

So with the Tuffy mounts, I usually weld a 1' square tube to the bracket and then drill some holes where I put nut-zerts in them to position the back of the box. Then I only need to drill one hole in the floor at the front of the box to secure it. The front mount also needs to be spaced up, another piece of 1" square tube usually does it.

Thanks for sharing that...

kphelps

Loc.
Brighton, Mi

Hello, I have the Tuffy console for my 73 Bronco and was wondering how the bracket you made for the seatbelts worked out? It seems like a great way to accomplish the task. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Well it worked for me, made it easy to remove the Tuffy box if needed.
Pretty sure that if something bad were to happen, the Bronco floor would tear before the bracket gave way. Given the cost of a bench seat today, I think it is a good compromise to run bucket seats.

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
Good info! I’m gonna have to figure out how to mount my console, seats and belts as well soon since I’m almost there and since my original plan was to mount my race seats and belts to my cage, I welded all those holes.

I’ll need to either drill slowly through the bottom and tap those holes from underneath or make some sort of bracket as well to mount them in a new spot.

kphelps

Loc.
Brighton, Mi

I like the look of your seat belt sleeve on the console side of your seat. I would like to do the same except for the retractor side is not long enough to reach the connection when fully extended. Wondering how you did this?
Thanks

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I like the look of your seat belt sleeve on the console side of your seat. I would like to do the same except for the retractor side is not long enough to reach the connection when fully extended. Wondering how you did this?
Thanks
Whose seat belt kit are you using? These are WH's units...

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
Another clever, nicely executed idea, Doug! Which I will be adopting. The Tuffy console I've had between the seats of my Bronco for ages is in the way of my planned Winters shifter installation. Now I know how I will keep the Tuffy box and have room for the cable. Thanks for sharing!

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Please post pic's of yours when completed, for the next person who will need to do this.

And yes and yes to your question about materials. I am sure many of the Bronco Vendors sell the same products, because they work.