• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My famous CA Bronco_kinda

byson1

Loc.
Nashville
I bought this clean 68 model Bronco back in the fall here in Nashville
http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc186/1byson/?action=view&current=SeatIIandBronco004.jpg
It was missing a few itmes (engine and tranny) but has a very straight body and no rust. The PO was from CA and was in the process of upgrading it (5.5 lft, extended radius arms, Dana 44 Disc brakes, PS, complete ready to bolt in NV4500 with all adapters, Mustang EFI parts etc....
I just happned to go to the early Bronco registry site and low and behold the "flying Bronco" on the front is a picture of mine. http://www.earlybronco.com/new/policy.asp My front fiberglas grill and the lift are different but everything else looked the same. I don't think there are too many bronco's out their with a lime green top and white body. Anyway I emailed the PO and he could not believe it. He said that picture must have been taken at Oceano Dunes when he was out their one time. Just thought is was kind of neat

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
There was a link posted on here a few years back of a video of this bronco ( or one very simular) making that jump.. It was crazy and was not a pretty landing. If I rember right it blew both front tires on impact.

Slowpony

I think I still have the jump sequence pictures on my home computer. It was an ugly landing.

OP
OP
byson1

byson1

Loc.
Nashville
That does not surprise me. That may expalin why th PS fender and front grill are not OE-and possibly why the front axle is a Dana 44 and extended radius arms are now in place. I'd be interested in seeing it if anyone can find it. The pryor owner did say he had a video of it too but I have not asked to see it. It's amazing how well the Bronco looks in spite of that. Ford Tuff!!;D

rednck21

hmmm...i wonder if that bumper i got from you was on the bronco when it was flying through the air...??:eek: ;D either way, cool story...

trlblazr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mesa AZ
I would love to see that video. If someone finds it could you start a thread and post it?