• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CO My Grandfathers 1974 Bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbspark

I'm trying to track down my grandfathers 1974 Bronco.

I know some of these forums have people that have been active members for years, so hoping that maybe the following story may jog a memory.

The Bronco started in Central PA (Harrisburg). My Grandfather bought it new in 1974. He passed away in 1998, and in 2002, my grandma sold it for $3,500. It was uncut, (37,000 original miles) Brown with the orange detailed trim lines.

I was in college at the time and couldn't afford to house the vehicle, pay for college, and pay for my daily driver vehicle all at the same time. In 2008, I started a mission to track it down. I apparently created an account to this forum back on July 2nd, 2008 when I was in the thick of my hunt. I got the VIN from my grandma, and tracked the bronco from PA --> Kansas --> Michigan --> Vermont. I ended up finding it on Ebay in Vermont. The guy selling it wanted $35,000 for it. Which I thought was astronomical for a vehicle 6 years earlier sold for 3,500. I know some things were done to it, like adding A-C. The 3 on the tree was converted to automatic :(

After talking it over with family, we thought my grandfather would be more upset if he were alive, to find out that we spent so much money to buy it back into the family. I moved on with my life. Here I am 4 years later, settled in Colorado, married and secure in life. I'm trying to track it down again, but the notebook that I had written all the names and numbers from 2008 was thrown away somewhere with the moving I have done over the last 4 years. That brings me back to square one.

If anyone can remember a 1974 Bronco Ranger, Brown, being sold in Vermont From 2008 until now or can provide any information, it would be greatly appreciated!

If there is any other info I can provide that may help my search or help others help me with my search, please respond and let me know!

Thank you!!

OP
OP
mbspark

mbspark

Adding Pictures (14 years ago) Prom & Senior Pictures. Best ones I have of what it looked like before it was sold.

4-Bronco7.jpg

3-Bronco5.jpg

2-Bronco4.jpg

1-Bronco3.jpg

My Grandmother is looking for the VIN. My hope is that I can run it through CARFAX or another service and find where it was last registered.

Broncboozled

Loc.
Nor Cal
You might want to post this in the main forum. I don't think this forum gets as much traffic as the main message forum does, just a thought and Good Luck in Your hunt!!

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.