• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My New Headlight suck-Update, all set now

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
You guys, It was finally warm enough to work on the truck.

So today I installed Ryans Harnes, which is awesome and I highlly recomend it, and a set of the Delta H4 Headlights.

I don't know if I just got a defective headlight, or maybee they are just junky lights.

The drivers light seems fine, but the passenger light has a different pattern and I has to adjust the crap out of it to get it not to shine up in the air. So now the drivers sits pretty level in the housing, while the passenger faces way down to get the two lights to shine even close to each other.

Plus I don't think the flat surface of these lights look right on our trucks anyways.

So what should I replace these lights with? I would like something that loos fairlly stock, but is brighter.

Last edited:

BRussell

Loc.
Winston Salem
I got my new headlights and harness from Wild Horses. I got the IPK clear lights with the Fat Boy bulbs. I love them they are so much brighter.

Brad

stlkikn

First, check to make sure the bulb seated properly in the housing, some of the aftermarket housings have casting that needs to be removed before the bulb sits flat in the socket.
If you still want to replace the lenses, the IPFs are a good upgrade, and so are the Hellas.

H

Heinz_67

Curious

Forgive me, I am not familiar with the Delta brand but....

Are they Euro spec vs. U.S.? I know there are quite a few H4 housings out there that are made for driving on the "wrong" side of the road and project the light differently than U.S. DOT lenses. My family owns a Porsche/Audi repair shop and we have to be very careful when ordering replacement lenses for them for just that reason.

Maybe swap sides and see if that helps?

Just trying to help...

Jim

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
The Delta's work great. If one is working right there is something wrong with the other. If you got it from me give me a call. Either the bulb is not installed correctly or something is bent. I have been running/using them for a long time and have had no trouble with them. I can't do anything about the flat look (I like the look anyway) but I will stand behind the Delta's

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I run the Cibies with 55/100 Narva bulbs off a Ryan's harness and they work great. From what I have heard the Deltas are also a quality product that should work great too. The beam pattern in different with a sharp cut off point. They adjust differently and here is a good link on how to adjust

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/aim/aim.html

I myself after using these instructions ended up taking my son out with me at night, having him stand in front of one light while I adjusted the other, doing each individually until I got them where I thought they were perfect.

I also broke an adjuster or two, which I had to replace along the way. I also had an adjuster that was not seated correctly, it still adjusted but messed with my adjustment until I properly seated it.

Double check your adjusters, buckets and mounting, then try and re adjust by one of the methods above and see if that helps. If not call Chuck in Texas and I'm sure he can advise you further, even if you did not get them from him.

Also remember not to touch the bulbs, or the oil from you skin will make them burn out soon. If you do touch them by accident, clean them off with alcohol.

You will love awesome lighting and I hope this helps.

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Thanks for the info guys

I know it is seated right, so as chuck said I must have a defective light. The passenger light just has a totally different pattern, and even from a distance you can see how much I had to adjust it.

I have to run out in a few minutes, but I will take some pics later

I will also look into the two other brands you mentioned. I guess it was my fault for not asking about how the lights look compared to the stock lights. I guess I am just a traditionalist and don't like the flat lens. I want a brighter light, but want a stock look.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
The Cibies may have and probably do have the same beam pattern as the Delta's. Mine have a flat cut off, but then the pattern extends forward in a kind of angled backwards L shape to the right, looking out the windshield and down the road. The pattern is different that stock, but in my opinion way better too. The 100 watt high beams light up the road, or the trail, like nothing else.

Louie

Bronco Guru
DonsBolt said:
I want a brighter light, but want a stock look.

SilverStar sealed beam lights just plug in. I'm not sure why more people don't recommend them. I know they don't last as long but if you get 40k miles on them that'll be a LONG time on my Bronco at 2-3k mi. year.

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
yo guys and thanks chuck

I never though, though maybee I should have, that the bone head who installed the bulb into the housing would put the bulb in wrong.

So took it out, and put the bulb in the right way, and all is good in the world again. :eek: