• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NAPA parts numbers needed for Saginaw and bracket

Miker

Bronco Guru
Can anyone tell me the proper saginaw pump (would like to get the pump with dual returns in case I go hydro on my brakes), pully (v-=style), and proper bracket part numbers for them to fit the 302? I'm just itchein' to spend some coin at the local NAPA to help the economy on a Saturday afternoon.

Fatboy gonna help me take my Popeye forearm buildin' manual to easy breezy effortless power steering (thanks, Pete)

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I highly doubt any store will have pump to engine brackets you either need to hit up a junkyard or order from the venders. Otherwise I believe all the saginaw pumps have the same bolt pattern so its just a matter of getting the pump you need. Older lincolns that had H boost would be one pump that would have both the dual returns and correct pulley.

OP
OP
M

Miker

Bronco Guru
If I go to the boneyard tomorrow, what vehicles and vintages should I be looking for for a saginaw with dual returns that would work with bracket that I'll purchase from one of our vendors? Thanks.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
late 70's lincolns are a good one to look for.
this is what they look like.

Attachments

• 77 linc hb pump.jpg
    77 linc hb pump.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 91

sigepkat

I'm not currently running hydroboost, but at some point may change my mind. Can I run this pump and just cap off one of the returns?

cs_88

Bronco Guru
Pulley: Napa 73077.
Weatherhead fitting 1563 to connect the pump to the stock pressure hose.

sigepkat

Napa is telling me they don't carry this or a comparable part any longer. Any suggestions?

Ohio Bill

Loc.
Riverside, OH
NAPA oem fit p/n 816725 pumpm with reservoir doesn't look like saginaw pump but is listed to fit the following.
granada 1975 L6
maverick 1975 L6
mustang 1971 L6 thru 1976 V8
pinto 1976-77
truck 1972-77
bobcat 75-77
comet and cougar 73-75
monarch 1975

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I ordered the bracket from WH. It's was wellworth the price. On the ford hose my thread was right but the it wouldn't go in the fitting deep enough to catch the threads. We took the fitting off the back of the saginaw pump and drilled it out so the ford hose will fit in. Now it works fine. We used a mill to drill ir but could prolly do it on a drill press.

sigepkat

Got it all together, the only thing I'm missing is the cap/dipstick for the pump...anybody know who carries it?

CM

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Got it all together, the only thing I'm missing is the cap/dipstick for the pump...anybody know who carries it?

CM

HELP section at the auto parts store. Was that fitting at Oreilly's the one that will let you go dual return pump to stock hose?