• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need a Painter for my 73 Bronco in West Tenn, North Miss, or East Ark.

joelkwood

I've got a 73 Bronco that is ready to be painted. New quarters, fenders, floors, grill, etc. I can't find anyone in the Memphis area who can paint it for a reasonable price. Please forward any names if you know of anyone. Thanks in advance!!

EPB72

Contributor
Loc.
Pleasant Hill, CA
I've got a 73 Bronco that is ready to be painted. New quarters, fenders, floors, grill, etc. I can't find anyone in the Memphis area who can paint it for a reasonable price. Please forward any names if you know of anyone. Thanks in advance!!
Whats your best non reasonable price you got so far,, and what is a budget your looking for ,,
So all panels been fitted ,gapped,body worked, blocked and flat..ready for sealer and paint ,,or are they still in ecoat,weld through primer and needing to be worked?...Yep alot of opinions on what Ready to paint means,

OP
OP
J

joelkwood

$12,000 - $15,000 is what I've been quoted for a frame-off paint job, which is more than I'm to invest at this point. The new panels are from Tom's and have not been primed. The repair work has been spot primed. My budget is $5,000.

OP
OP
J

joelkwood

$12,000 - $15,000 is what I've been quoted for a frame-off paint job, which is more than I'm willing to invest at this point. The new panels are from Tom's and have not been primed. The repair work has been spot primed. My budget is $5,000.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not to be too cynical about it (though it's hard not to be these days), but your current quotes sound pretty darn good to me compared to what I've been hearing lately.
Haven't seen any professional painters quote $5,000 to just put it in primer lately!

Not saying it can't be done, and it's the local guy that does it on the side you're probably looking for, but paint has been expensive for awhile. Even more than traditionally!
Just too much labor involved probably.

If you just want someone to shoot it and give it a twenty-footer paint job, do any of those discount shops still exist? Earl Scheib, Miracle, etc still around?

Paul

FordFarmer

Contributor
Yup…12-15k sounds like a fair price considering the work required. I would have expected slightly more. I’m in Memphis as well so if you find a shop that does a good job for 5k please let me know. I’ve got an F350 repaint coming up. Maybe consider turning your garage into a paint booth and teaching yourself how to paint. Do a search here, it has been discussed multiple times. Good luck!