• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA Need an adjustable drag link

Status
Not open for further replies.

smp2010

I have a 66 with a 74 dana 44. I need an adjustable drag link if anyone has one to sell. Thanks!!

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Hi,

I also have a 66 with a 73 Dana 44. I solved the same problem you're having by purchasing the replacement sleeves for the draglink, track bar and that crazy long expensive tie rod and taking them all to a machine shop to be chopped and threaded.

Now when I need to replace my tie rods I buy two of the small tie rods for $20 +/- bucks plus I can really dial in the front end. Here's the only photo on my phone at 1:30AM that I could find. I think you might already potentially have an adjustable drag link...

Happy Trails!
:cool:

PS When you do reinstall them make sure the drag link and track bar are somewhat parallel and the castle nuts don't catch on each other. Also, position the drag link end on the toppish side of the track bar for optimal function. GOOD LUCK! I hope this helps!

Attachments

• IMG_1952.jpg
    IMG_1952.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.