• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need any quick suggestion on a Fitech setting

Jp76

Loc.
Cave Creek, AZ
So I have a Fitech EFI on my 76,302, mild cam...nothing major - starts fine and runs fine until it runs for a while, then it gets rough at stoplights. In fact, it just died on me today; got it started and limped it home. Put it in park and it stays running but runs rough while in park.

Is this a simple Air/Fuel mix ratio issue (maybe running rich and the computer shuts off fuel prematurely)? anyone know the setting in the handheld to play with to get this to stop happening? I asked on the Facebook page, but never got anything. Thanks!

idus25

Loc.
St. Louis
#6 Rev limit, then #6 DFCO MAP....google it. Lost of videos explaining. You gonna have to play around with the settings. Good luck.

Eoth

Bronco Guru
I would caution you against changing any settings on a new install. It should run "pretty good" straight out of the box. After it "self learns" (several hundred miles), then you can mess with settings to get things exact.
At this point I would concentrate on the basics of the install.

1. Fuel Pump: Is it really loud?
2. Vacuum leaks?
3. O2 sensor. How well have you checked exhaust system for leaks?
4. Temp Sending unit: Known to be junk and often reads way lower than actual temp. Very important since system adjusts and learns based on temp.