• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need close pictures of your Ranger stripes...

tml

Loc.
Ontario, Canada
I'm currently doing up a 73 Ranger. Instead of buying the Ranger decals I'm painting the majority of them on. I'm looking for some some close up pictures, specifically the hood and top portion of the side pinstripes. Measurements would be great. Help me out fellas need them ASAP..
Thanks.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Unless you just want to paint them on I would go with the decals, you will put in far more time and $ trying to paint them on than you you would buying them from Drew, also I have seen a lot of people try and it never turns out as good as the decals, not saying it can't be done, its just very time consuming. However you can look at my Gallery maybe this will help, but I don't have the exact deminsions for you.

OP
OP
tml

tml

Loc.
Ontario, Canada
We painted the main wimbleton white bottom stripe on yesterday and I turned out excellent. After clear coating, she'll be a little more resistant to rock chips than the decals. Not to mention a local decal and graphics company told me they could make the decals and put them on for $250.

Sufer B could you take a close up picture of the hood and side stripes and send them to me??? or post them. I'd appreciate it.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey, I can get you some pics too of my original '77 Ranger. Any particular areas other than the hood stripe? Let me know.

Andy

OP
OP
tml

tml

Loc.
Ontario, Canada
Hey, I can get you some pics too of my original '77 Ranger. Any particular areas other than the hood stripe? Let me know.

Andy

Andy I really need a close up of the hood stripes in relation to the Ridge. ( Measurements or thickness of the stripes) Aswell as the Orange stripe on the main large white crossing the bottom of the body and the highest white/orange stripe above the fender flares. I having a hard time distinguishing the relation and color of the orange. Nice close up pictures would be great.

Thanks a Tonne..
Mark

Bronco

Loc.
Mountain View, CA
Thought I would bring a dead thread alive instead of starting a new one. I'm in need of some close up pics of the ranger hood decal. The ranger i just bought was repainted at some point and they put on some new decals that aren't original.

Any one have any luck purchasing the decals from anyone other than Broncitis? Unfortunately I only need the hood decal and they are unable to split up the sets.

Here's the stripe I have now. Pretty Weak.

Attachments

• P5010082.jpg
    P5010082.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 35
  • P5010083.jpg
    P5010083.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
tml

tml

Loc.
Ontario, Canada
Thought I would bring a dead thread alive instead of starting a new one. I'm in need of some close up pics of the ranger hood decal. The ranger i just bought was repainted at some point and they put on some new decals that aren't original.

Any one have any luck purchasing the decals from anyone other than Broncitis? Unfortunately I only need the hood decal and they are unable to split up the sets.

Here's the stripe I have now. Pretty Weak.

It's funny you mentioned that, I just bought a hood decal from Drew couple months ago. They had split up a complete set for a good freind and had a side decal and a hood. Guess I got lucky. I painted the bottoms wimbleton white and had a local decal guy do the orange. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• hood decal.jpg
    hood decal.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 33
  • hood decal2.jpg
    hood decal2.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 19
  • hood decal (3).jpg
    hood decal (3).jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Bronco

Loc.
Mountain View, CA
Thanks! That should help. Maybe I need to wait for Drew to break another set up for a good friend.

Got to find a shop now to make it.