• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need non stock door limit straps

hammer189

Loc.
South Atlanta
Looking for 12" door limit straps. Stock seem to be about 9 1/2" long. I need 12" straps. This is a non stock install. I have a thru dash 6 point roll cage which pushed the truck strap mount points forward. Also a BD fiberglass body. Have a set of vendor straps, but they are too short.
Just need the strap, I already have all the hardware.
Thanks, David

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
You might have to make your own. Leather straps work great. Cut them the right length and wrap them around the metal ends. Then apply some wood glue and clamp them in a vise until dry. Very easy to do……

27bda901f29fd1f0b2f12ca00d4ba652.jpg

f724fe57bd34d3a99c951ebc23b1faba.jpg

NewDog

Contributor
Loc.
Surrey BC
There's not much to them, I was going to suggest just getting some nylon webbing and cutting/sewing to the desired length.
But Slowleak's are much nicer!

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
If you have a sewing machine you can make them. I made mine and they are adjustable. Heavy 2” webbing and heavy duty Velcro. They looks stock but can be lengthened if necessary or completely removed if I want to take the doors off

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Or weld a tab on to the roll cage that can accept the stock straps. Put it where it's not only a little bit out of the way (no shin contact) but closer to the door so effectively the stock length lets the door open a bit more.

Paul

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
If you can not get it to work out on your own, try a saddle repair/maker shop. You could even get some basket weave stamped into them....rr the word BRONCO. Or try a boat repair place to get some heavy duty sewing done.