• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

IA Needing title and glovebox door

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
It looks to me that Icon reuses the title so they must be committing felonies on these $200K plus broncos? Click on the link. I have two with original frames but would like to build one from scratch next. Curious how they pull this off,

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-ford-bronco-24/

Icon buys stock Broncos from people and converts them into what they sell. Nothing changes with the VIN. It's a heavily modified Bronco with the same VIN and title.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Icon buys stock Broncos from people and converts them into what they sell. Nothing changes with the VIN. It's a heavily modified Bronco with the same VIN and title.

If an Art Morrison chassis is under this one it has their stamping not the original VIN. I would think they would have used the Certificate of Origin and not the 74 title. It would be interesting to know if ICON sold it this way or if the subsequent owner wanted it titled as a 74. Would anyone pay six figures and have to worry about this?

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Part of the problem about this is that in the past, nobody cared or didn't check. Things change a lot when you start selling once discarded Bronco's for a quarter of a million dollars. There are a a lot of dishonest people in the game. I used to have several vintage race cars. This happened all the time as the value grew. A discarded frame was revived into a new car and the body with the vin and new chassis was another. When proof of who owned the real one surfaced people started paying attention and did not know what to do. Two cars, same VIN. I am sure there are plenty of old frames on vehicles that don't match the body. How much exposure are the high priced buyers willing to take. So in the case of the one above, where did the frame go when they used a new one?

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Or to add to that question, did the old frame that was not used have a legible VIN?

What is your point of view on an off road only bronco? No legible vin on the frame due to it being modified and or contains a new frame that didn't have a VIN. I would suppose you these broncos need to be melted down for scrap?

Frankly most would see it being the same as a UTV, in which case most do not have titles and our sold with a bill of sale. To that end there are a number of states now that do not require a title after the vehicle exceeds a number of years.

I am really not trying to be obtuse but the world is rarely black and white.

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There are many scenarios and in the end the vehicle is yours and it's your choice to make. The debate just brings the risk to light. I personally would not invest in a high dollar build with any title blem for the reasons listed. over and out

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I just registered my 70. They were right in the middle of a upgraded system. Had to wait forever in line, but got it inspected,(out of state title). Plates were super cheap and I'm all legal now,woohoo 🙌.:D

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Part of the problem about this is that in the past, nobody cared or didn't check. Things change a lot when you start selling once discarded Bronco's for a quarter of a million dollars. There are a a lot of dishonest people in the game. I used to have several vintage race cars. This happened all the time as the value grew. A discarded frame was revived into a new car and the body with the vin and new chassis was another. When proof of who owned the real one surfaced people started paying attention and did not know what to do. Two cars, same VIN. I am sure there are plenty of old frames on vehicles that don't match the body. How much exposure are the high priced buyers willing to take. So in the case of the one above, where did the frame go when they used a new one?

Is it some model of jaguar that now there are more titles and registered than the factory produced ?

Status
Not open for further replies.