• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

nerf bars or steps

jtd123

Loc.
merritt island
i put some effort into this about a year ago and couldnt find anything. one of the venders was going to reproduce the old smitty built nerf bars but i dont remember wich vender. i have seen some nice stuff in the gallery anyone know of anything. thanks

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I looked last year as well. Just saw Kane's pics this morning - he has some nice step bars on his rig as well.

I'm curious to see if some other mass marketed bar would work. Like a jeep or a pickup truck that had close to the same dimensions.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Cool - do they bolt up to the frame? Got any pics from the mounting location? Any measurments on width?

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
I have the chrome nerf bars on my wifes' Silverado, they look and work good on it, however I am looking for something that is not BLING and found the rock sliders from a link on the Pirate 4X4 website. I think I will make something like those for myself when I get closer to completing my project.

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
The front bolts onto the body mount perch, the rear bolts on to the front rear spring mount. It is fairly sturdy and works well for a step however they are not designed for dragging across rocks.

Broncology

How bout these...I kind of like the way these look???

Attachments

• 1 steps.jpg
    1 steps.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 24

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
These are the Rocksliders, they can have C brackets as an option. This is what I think is the way to go...at least for now!

Attachments

• rocksliders-225.gif
    rocksliders-225.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
J

jtd123

Loc.
merritt island
texasbronc thats what i am looking for i think toms are the old smitty thanks 73stal thoses stirrups are fitting