• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New BC/Can-Back top(the talk of the town)

red76

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
Its obiously a very anticipated product. I was wondering what we know about it. Also if and when we can expect it. Maybe I'm building it up too much, but like others who are in the market for a top I'm very curious to know about this thing.

Will

fuseman

Loc.
SoCal
I'm not only interested in the top but in the roll bar as well. I think it's a great looking combo.

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
HELP CHUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm getting a top for Christmas so I am very interested in this top.

1. What is that rope used for?

2. do these windows zip out or not?

3. What's the story with the rear windor?

4. Does it come in white?

5. What is the price and when can we get it?

GaBronco

Loc.
South Ogden
"""2. do these windows zip out or not?

3. What's the story with the rear windor?"""

hmm it does say on one of the original posts that the side windows roll up if you get the sidewindows on the top, and that all the rear windows roll up!%) but hell what do i know?;)

Nathan8)

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
?:?

The Can-Back tops for short-bed tacomas are like $900.00 so I would doubt that the one for an EB would be any less... but lets hope so!!!;D

BTW here is a link for a vendor for Can-back...

http://www.allprooffroad.com/canback.html

But if all other tops are $500-600.00 Let's hope the Can-Back will be too:p

BUT... hope it helps ya a-lil

8)

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
Slick said:
?:?

The Can-Back tops for short-bed tacomas are like $900.00 so I would doubt that the one for an EB would be any less... but lets hope so!!!;D

BTW here is a link for a vendor for Can-back...

http://www.allprooffroad.com/canback.html

But if all other tops are $500-600.00 Let's hope the Can-Back will be too:p

BUT... hope it helps ya a-lil

I think these tops would be cheaper than the STC & BesTop because the Can-Back tops don't have as much labor involved...no zip-in windows...etc.

8)

Krawln68

Loc.
Newark, CA
I would think that the price would be about the same if not more. The Tacoma top covers the bed and thats it. This has to have all the hardware for going around the windows an the top of the bronco. If they make one for half cabs, that would be sweet.

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
Will Chuck 'weigh-in' with info on the new Can Back Top

I guess it's the $64,000 question of the day. ;D

Come on Chuck, give us the scoop on the new top... we all want to know.

1. Availablility
2. Colors
3. Price
4. Materials of construction, frame, windows and top.
5. Do the windows zip out
6. The rope coming down to the rear quarters from the top...???

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Re: HELP CHUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

raleigh_bronco said:
I'm getting a top for Christmas so I am very interested in this top.

1. What is that rope used for?

To hold tension on the top.

2. do these windows zip out or not?

No.

3. What's the story with the rear windor?

It rolls up?

4. Does it come in white?

Not unless you pay extra and then it's not the standard Cann-back cloth. The standard colors are black and a tannish color.

5. What is the price and when can we get it?

I can't comment on what Chuck might eventually sell them for, but I did talk to the guys in the Cann-back booth at length on Saturday about the top. A quick mental calculation on what they told me had us guesstimating that I was looking at about $1300-$1500 for a white top.

Todd Z.

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
Todd Z.

Whoa!
Thanks for your response...$1300 for a soft top is rather depressing.
What's your guesstimate for the price in their standard colors, tan & black?

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
raleigh_bronco, I merged your other thread with this one since it's the same topic and questions.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
raleigh_bronco said:
Todd Z.

Whoa!
Thanks for your response...$1300 for a soft top is rather depressing.
What's your guesstimate for the price in their standard colors, tan & black?

I really don't want to speculate and step on Chuck's toes as to what pricing will be, etc. I do know that the guy's response to colors other than black and tan was "a couple hundred extra dollars", so maybe take $200 off the price? But again, I want to reiterate that this was just talking with the Can-back guy and does not serve as a prediction for what Chuck's prices will be. I know he will try to get things as reasonably priced for us as he can!

raleigh_bronco: I screwed up when I replied to your post about the rope, windows, etc. Look in my response for some of the answers to those questions as well.

Todd Z.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
No problem Todd. Todd knows as much as I do at this point. I am going to call the owner as soon as I finish this post and give him the classic broncos url, maybe he will give up some first hand info or better yet find out what you all would like in a top. The rope is to keep the top tight.

blksn8k

Will this new top work with roll bars other than the one shown in the photos? I don't have a bar yet but I do have a line on a good used 6-point. I really like this top but I would hate to buy a bar only to find out later that it won't work with this top. Let us know if and when a mass buy happens...

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
blksn8k said:
Will this new top work with roll bars other than the one shown in the photos? I don't have a bar yet but I do have a line on a good used 6-point. I really like this top but I would hate to buy a bar only to find out later that it won't work with this top. Let us know if and when a mass buy happens...

I think it would work with just about any rollbar/cage out there as long as they aren't obscenely tall.

Todd Z.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
JaxLax said:
Chuck, looks sweet. But for $1300... it had better last....
If the cage was make to fit under a stock top it should fit under the canback, we planned it that way. My cage (in picture) is a little taller than most cages.